Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Challenge: Compute the number of Tuesdays since a given date
Thanks Xhantt, I'm not sure how to run you program. Why do I need to give it the fourth parameter and why is it negative?

Looks as if you like the FIX command. I've never used it so I have to consult my manual. Must be a variation of the INT command.

In general, your program looks like it's headed in the right direction. Answer my questions and then give me a chance to do some testing. Have you tested it with easy dates so you can check the result on a calendar?

By the way, this program is not just for fun. We have backup tapes that are generated on Tuesday through Saturday over and over again on the same day of the week. We know the date when the first Tuesday thru Saturday tapes were written, but now we need to know how many times each of these tapes were written, because there is a limit as to how many times you can write on them. So, we need to run the algorithm for the Tuesday tape, then the Wednesday tape, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Challenge: Compute the number of Tuesdays since a given date - by Moneo - 06-10-2004, 08:48 AM