Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised!
To all of you who have written since my last post in this thread:

Right off the top, I am gonna prove this point ONCE AND FOR ALL to all of you with these point-blank brutally glaring factors:
  • 1 • The QBCPC 2004/2005 is all _entirely_ about CREATING CLEAN AND MASTERFUL QUICKBASIC PROGRAMMING, not religion. To even *dare* to cross the line into religion here would be flat tacky and so senselessly rock-bottom stupid, and guess what? THAT WHOLE RELIGIOUS STUFF SURE DO NOT AND WILL NOT EVEN WORK AT ALL, because on my compo, I am taking POSITIVE originality — and never even a negative-based one — to the big extreme in QB programming dead-seriously, because that is the main focus here. DEAL WITH IT. Big Grin !

2 • It *do not* take any portrayals of smoking, faeries, elves, wizards, the physical violence of human beings against human beings, zodiac symbols, blood, gore, lovemaking, nudity (whether partial or not), or stuff that is not allowed in my compo at all for games and projects to even be good to start with! Just look at the arcade games Vulcan Venture, Air Buster, Image Fight, Mappy, Galaga, Solar Fox, Frogger, and even the original Pong, too! Also, while you are at it, why not take a look at the Atari 2600 games Atlantis, Demon Attack, Circus Atari, Pitfall, Frostbite, River Raid, and Combat (originally a “two-player”-only game where you shoot down tanks and planes to score points — ANOTHER GREAT GAME!! Big Grin ! ). These are such games where THE GAMEPLAY REALLY MATTERED THE MOST rather instead of all of those bad things at all!! And how about DirectQB and even UGL as well, hmm? JUST TRY ALL THEM AGAIN AND STUDY THEM DEEPLY FOR YOURSELVES, PEOPLE, AND YOU *WILL* UNDERSTAND WHY! Big Grin !

Quote:QBCPC[/i] Forumboard Rules of Conduct (which *definitely* applies to my compo entry rules as well!), the notice simply and so clearly"]N O T I C E :

Right up front, my forumboard rules will say — where portrayals are concerned, at least — that there is to be no smoking, wizards/wizardesses, witches, fighting games, 1st-person shooting games, magic potions, fairies/faeries/fays, elves, and such like. One of the reasons why I will *not* allow these in my forumboard is because they are very overused material often found in video gaming, fantasy novels, and/or some other stories (and apparently even animés, too!). In this compo, we are looking for some quality and FRESHLY INSPIRING originality in QB programming here, even for old-school arcade gamers as well! COME ON NOW! Wink !
    ...............and they were written for such a reason here. Period, end of the conversation.

3 • Dark_prevail, the clear reason I will not allow the phrases “I’m afraid not” and “I doubt it!” in my compo at all is *simply* because of these: did you know that the two phrases are fear-based and fear-supported, and that the lettering of the word “fear” stands for “false evidence appearing real”? To find out some of why, please go to the article entitled “The Secrets to Stress-Free Living”, as this will really help you see the positive side of my compo and just enjoy it rather instead of even bothering to find my rules negative and a put-down at all. (I will bet *A LOT* of you need this too, believe me! ^_^ ! ). And by the way, since this is a compo that encourages positive originality indeed, such uplifting phrases as “I WILL NOT BE AFRAID!” or “I may feel afraid, but I will not give into it at all!” ARE wholly acceptable, which is the rather reason I will update my compo entry rules TONIGHT!! Big Grin !

4 • There are gonna be absolutely no shower scenes in my original game “Star Angelic Slugger”, nor will there even be any blood or gore at all. You know why? Because, the purpose for the game is to make it fun and exciting to play, and *never* to make anywhere perverted at all. EVER.

5 • As for women and girls in bikinis, I am not gonna even get into that discussion on this thread at all. :-? Since even talking about it in the least will _likely_ drag this thread off topic, sorry, please do not do it.

6 • If you want to know who won my last compo (QBCPC Summer & Autumn 2003), they are:

Selected Category: Customized Category #3: A Subs/Functions Based QuickBASIC Library

Lode Vandevenne • Flaming Morphing Shapes (Honorary Prize Winner)
      Selected Category: Original Category #1: Graphics Demo within 25 LINES OR FEWER!

And the download to the two programs will be showing in my compo forums as I write my “QBCPC Summer & Autumn 2003 Wrap-Up” this weekend there. And I WILL do that. You just hold on!! Wink !

I can say all of this probably around 684 times, and yet, there would still be some that would _completely_ miss it, because there is a *very* fine line here. And there is a balance that needs to be kept in order in order to make such SPLENDID QB projects in this new compo. That is why it is called “THE *ULTIMATE* QUICKBASIC CHALLENGE”. Period. :wtnod2: !

See you later, and I *most certainly* hope you all get a much clearer and positively supportive sense out of all of this.

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Well said, Rhiannon! ;) ! - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Let us settle this FAIR AND SQUARE, gentlemen. - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-25-2004, 01:44 AM