Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised!
Neo won the library entry because he's the only one who entered. It's easy to win a compo if you're the only competitor.

AAP: most of the examples you've stated...most people have never heard of (I think you and I are probably the only people here who've ever played Image Fight, let alone even heard of it). But UGL and DirectQB are not games, so I have no idea why you're putting those into your subject matter of gaming "evils". And I hate to burst your bubble here kid but originality simply doesn't exist. Everything out there is a revision of something that already exists. Your Star Angelic Slugger game is a perfect example of old ideas rehashed a million times over, and even Frantic Journey is a tried-and-true formula from the 80s and 90s that has been sucessful countless times.

As for your demented thoughts on what "fear" is...you insist you are not motivated by religion, yet you often provide links to religious sites to substantiate your claims. Is it just me, or is this the biggest show of hypocrisy this side of neopagan Wicca? For your information (which you will ignore because it conflicts with your narrow mind), fear is a natural aspect of humanity...it is something we can never escape. Every sentient living creature has fear...humans, birds, bears, cats, dogs, snails, even houseflies. Fear has nothing to do with false evidence...fear is often brought on by one's own mind, therefore presenting the possibility of being false, but to the one feeling the fear, it's certainly very real. Most fear, however, is very real, not only in the mind but in reality as well. A good example of fear being in the mind is the fear people feel when looking at me. I am a frightening person to behold; I personify evil to them. But if they get to know me, they learn I'm not scary at all...I just have an innate ability to weed out the weak-of-mind. Fearing me means fearing yourself. Thus being said, few individuals in real life can safely call themselves my friends, and those who can are likewise exceptionally strong indivduals that no one can doubt for a second. On the other hand...a very real example of fear is the US government. Other countries fear the US government because they have shown time and time again that they can and will crush entire nations that disagree with their ridiculous (and often religiously-incited) narrow-minded points of view. By bowing to the supreme strength of the US government, countries conform to the master-slave game the US has spent decades constructing. Thus, they save themselves from annihilation by being the puppet...all out of FEAR. Those are two examples of the different forms of fear. Both are real but only one could fall under that ridiculous acronym, and only just barely.

And I know everyone except you AAP is going to read this thread and understand it...and you will read this, ignore what I say, form a conclusion outside of the intention, post some ridiculous context-laden response which has little to nothing to do with what I just said, and everyone involved will be none the wiser.

(So why do I even try? Here's why...because it's better to try and to fail than to never try at all.)
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
Well said, Rhiannon! ;) ! - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - by adosorken - 06-25-2004, 03:20 AM