Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised!
To all:

My site has been down for over an hour and a quarter now ( Cry ). Normally, it would come back on after an hour at the most, but something is up on that. :-? ! Also, my compo forums were *NEVER* even intended or designed to attract spammers. EVER! Rather, it was _ORIGINALLY_ meant to encourage QB programmers to create something good, clean, fresh, and positive in QuickBASIC/QBasic. That was all. Smile

I can remember on my forums from last night that the overall number of total views of one of my rules went from 128 to OVER 400!!! That was NOT supposed to happen too soon, because normally in around 1½-2 years time, that *would* have been acceptable, but ONE (1) DAY?! Something is DEAD-wrong with that ( :mad: ). And to make matters even worse, the record number of users on my forumboard went from 6 to around 88, ALL IN ONE SINGLE DAY! Apparently, that is the work of so many spammers viewing the site and running and running up the bandwidth (and *NONE* of it was even my fault at all, by the way!). You know what, I do not know whoever or whatever had caused it, but something has GOTTA give, let me tell you. And finally, it was I believe the *wisest* move I have ever made from last night when I have totally locked the forums up! Big Grin !!

Hopefully, my projects site WILL come back on again (apparently in the next several hours or so), so keep on checking back please to make sure. Big Grin

Talk to you later.

- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

P.S. My confidence and dilligent persistence on believing for my site to come back on HAS FINALLY paid off, because at 6:13pm EST, I found out for myself that the site JUST came back on again!! Well how about that? Big Grin !!

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Well said, Rhiannon! ;) ! - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM
Apparently, my forums had *some hundred* hits too many! - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-26-2004, 02:48 AM