Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised!
Quote:Rule nr 43532 on Z!re's forum: No diabetics!
I'm borderline, do I count? Big Grin

Quote:Is the cross an OK symbol? To me it stands for inhumane suffering and slaughtering of thousands of people in the roman empire.
That's what it means to me too, but to some people, it means something else. Just like the pentacle has special meaning to some christians (being the symbol that represented the five wounds of Christ, a symbol which they borrowed [read: stole] from earlier earth-based religions), the cross means many things. To me though, it means the same as it means to you...it's an insult, a display of inhuman acts of brutality and terror, and, quite frankly...overwhelming "sin".

Quote:But I guess I don't count, because AAP is doing something valuable for the qmunnity by having his "compos".
One does not gain "worth" by running a restrictive compo, or pumping themselves up. One gains worth in the Qmunity by giving the people what they want...entertainment, good advice, assistance with their problems (and I mean real assistance, not the "Word Of God"), and tolerance.

Quote:Ohh, and BTW, seeing as my Novix forum is a bit slow, can I have my own forum here? AAP got one, didn't he?
I thought we all agreed to let the past stay in the past?

Quote:Ohh the joy of knowing that some people are treated differently just because they are special and important, and have an important compo.
A compo is important when it is well-established, draws massive positive attention, focuses on real-world goals, has clear winners and impartial judges, and is able to compensate people for the time away from their normal lives which they took to compete in that compo. This is why compos on RPGDX are always highly successful. As before, I predict that the number of entrants into AAP's compo will be less that we can count on a single hand. However, it is his compo, and if he wants to moderate it into non-existence, then that's his problem, not ours. Besides, we (@TBN) already have the best compo in the Qmunity going on right now, complete with actual real-world prizes with actual monetary value that go far beyond something that you can whip up in PSP in five minutes or less.

Quote:That's exactly what happened!
You must be psychic Wink
I just know the human mind exceptionally well. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
Well said, Rhiannon! ;) ! - by Adigun A. Polack - 06-24-2004, 08:50 AM
The new AAP Official Projects Squad has just been raised! - by adosorken - 06-26-2004, 04:45 AM