Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The QBCPC 2004/2005 is 100% renewed and reopened!
To Adosorken:

I would be *most* glad to clear the complications up for you on rule #6 of my QBCPC 2004/2005 Official Entry Rules. Big Grin Follow me and learn something now.

Let me explain pronto. To the best of my knowledge, as according to rule #6, if you were to use the word “wizard” as if only to mean “Expert” or “Master”, and not as a practitioner of magic, then that becomes 100% OK and acceptable in my compo. :wtnod: An acceptable example of it is a phrase that says: “WOW!! You must be a such an arcade game wizard, scoring over 500 million points on that DoDonPachi machine!!”. Cool !

And, if I remember in the dictionary correctly, man, apparently, the words “witchcraft” and “sorcery” simply mean the usual use of magic for evil purposes, and the words “sorcerer”, “sorceress”, and “witch” simply mean male and female practitioners of magic, used usually for evil purposes. And that is why I do not trust that kind of stuff being in my compo (much less do I even allow it, too), because, that tends to detract from something positive overall about my compo, in a way. Sorry about that. Sad

As for halloween-based material, please remember that the reason why it is *clearly* not allowed in my compos is because, to be obvious (and sad to say, this is still true even today!), that tends to scare off and even frighten away at least some people viewing the projects that have that up there, as that kind of material tends to both create something needlessly inappropriate for at least some people and even help create an overall since and atmosphere of negativity and loss. I have been there, and know well enough that that doesn’t bring anything positive out of that. Ever.

And also, since the words “vampire” and “vampiress” tend to mean male and female undead-like beings that bite even the necks of victims and drink away their blood, even while the victim is asleep, too, I do not even trust them being in my compo at all either, nor do I even allow them too. You know why? Because it just tends to frighten off and even offend some other people and even give others some unwanted nightmares, as that kind of stuff presents something inappropriate (and even horrifying) to some. Look honestly now, there are millions after countless millions of people, just like you and me. And even entirely, they all have certain different tastes and different likes and dislikes just like the both of us do. You know how it is. Wink

On my QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo, the possibilities for positive originalities have recently been broadened now, and we are aiming for a kind of originality that is fresh and positive, not negative. You understand me now, Adosorken? Big Grin

We are having such a good conversation here. Let us continue.

On the guaranteed positive side, you are clearly and *ABSOLUTELY ALLOWED* plenty of other beings in your project of my compo (including even NEW ones that was _absolutely_ forbidden from my previous compos, too!). Dragons, gryphons, any type of your own original animésque fantasy-based human-like/imaginative beings, leprechauns, catgirls, mermaids, centaurs, YOU NAME IT ON THAT HERE, YOU ARE SO WELCOME TO IT!! ^_- !! Simple as that, Adosorken. Simple as that.

Well, I hope I have made some clear enough sense to you on rule #6 of my Official Entry Rules to encourage you and even others to enter my currently renewed compo. GOD BLESS YOU, and you have yourself a *most truly* splendidly good weekend. PEACE!!! Big Grin !!

CLEARING UP THE COMPLICATIONS AS BEST AS I CAN TO HELP YOU,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the all-new “AAP Official Projects Squad”

Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Adosorken, let me explain on the clarity of rule #6 to you. - by Adigun A. Polack - 07-11-2004, 05:23 AM