Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview..
XP presents a few minor problems with VB6, but most of which can easily be solved with the latest VS service pack. The only problem I've yet to see go away is in regards to VB's resource editor...VB application resources in XP get mangled and thrown around like rag dolls. I've had to rewrite portions of some of my games because of it. However, for this type of thing, such problems aren't an issue...it's not like this would use any of the techniques I used in the games I wrote back in the heyday of Windows 98. Big Grin

When it comes to Linux though, I'm up for assisting IDE development as well, as I'm somewhat familiar with a few GUI toolkits in Linux. The only thing I can't really stand about Linux development (I can list things all day about things I hate in Linux in general) is the lack of consistency. Hell, the *nix world is a trough of inconsistency. I've been hoping for an easy-to-use Linux compiler for ages now, but since one's never appeared, I've pretty much told *nix to go screw itself. If freeBASIC is eventually ported to *nix, then not only will I personally embrace *nix and begin the long process of bringing more decent apps to the *nix world, but I'll convince others to do the same. Big Grin

In the meantime though...let's kick ass in Windows. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
Excelent work! - by Ravyne - 10-28-2004, 11:43 AM
First impression... - by ToohTooh - 11-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Random naive questions - by dilettante - 11-14-2004, 10:39 AM
freeBASIC (a 32-bit QB-syntax compatible compiler) preview.. - by adosorken - 11-27-2004, 03:46 AM