Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sorting 2 variables: one ascending, one descending
Tooh:

I don't mean to be offensive, but I think you're missing the point of the challenges section. We had the same problem in the challenge I posted--you completely ignored the guidelines and limitations with your entry. Then, you write gigantic posts explaining why your solution is more appropriate for the "real world."

In my opinion, the limitations we put on these challenges are representative of ones you might actually have to deal with in the real world--a place which seldom, if ever, lets you utilize the most efficient system to solve a problem.

Your code samples are generally very good, I think. For that I applaud you. If you want, please keep submitting them...just don't be surprised when we continue to dicount them for not adhering to the challenge criteria. Furthermore, understand that some people see it as impolite when you criticize their challenge guidelines because they limit your coding style. That's the whole POINT of many of these challenges. Check a few pages back for the Floodfill challenge(recursion was not allowed) as a great example of this.

I realize that English isn't your primary language, so I appologize if I'm just misreading your posts, but they come across as very arrogant. It makes them really hard to read. Bleh, this post is probably even worse, though, so I guess I'm being hypocritical. ::sigh::

Moneo:

You know a lot of really odd quotes. I haven't heard of either of those. w Oh, by the way, are you actually posting from Mexico City?

Neo:

Yeah, that's kinda what I was getting at with the subtract from 255 thing. I wouldn't think to use XOR. My XORing needs practice. Incidentally, I'm not a "he." Though perhaps if I was, I'd be making a bit more money. >.<

Messages In This Thread
My Submission - by Meg - 11-08-2004, 10:26 PM
Hey!.. - by ToohTooh - 11-08-2004, 11:16 PM
Sorting 2 variables: one ascending, one descending - by Meg - 11-09-2004, 06:36 PM
Now this is serious. - by ToohTooh - 11-10-2004, 07:13 PM