Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
V Planet! has moved to its new server
The fact that so few nominations were received was proof enough that not a lot of people gave much of a rat about it, and that was quite sad, really, considering that the GGA was once a landmark of QB gaming achievment. To win an award in the GGA meant you were the best of the best. The Qmunity lost its competitive spirit long ago, and when one believes themselves to be a contender, they immediately get labelled as egotistical. There's something to be said about being proud of your own work, and much of the Qmunity drowned that out and took that pride from a great deal of people. Why? I don't know...perhaps fear of competition from other communities who seem to wield more power than us, or a fear of one's own self-lacking. To not even be nominated in the GGA used to make one feel as if they were not worthy, as if they didn't "fit in" with QB's elite. Quite frankly, I miss the competitive days of the Qmunity, when we had rival factions everywhere and someone was always pushing the envelope to try to outdo someone else. That was competition and it was healthy. Sure some egos got bruised and battered, but instead of being pigeonholed, the defeated came back for more with something new and the cycle continued. That's all been lost now. Cry
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
Urk - by Mac - 01-26-2005, 05:23 AM
V Planet! has moved to its new server - by Pete - 01-26-2005, 09:01 AM
V Planet! has moved to its new server - by adosorken - 01-27-2005, 03:12 AM
V Planet! has moved to its new server - by Pete - 01-27-2005, 07:37 AM
V Planet! has moved to its new server - by Vance - 02-01-2005, 08:23 AM
V Planet! has moved to its new server - by Piptol - 02-01-2005, 05:19 PM