Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm portinng this baby to FB
To Adosorken:

Yo, while it is technically a really good idea of sorts for me to port the game to Windows format through FB, I think that if I were to do so while leaving the development tools in QB (which is a good thing in a way!), then transferring the Frantic Journey (FJ) gameplay program code — which will most likely require me to translate the “InitImageData” and “MakeImageIndex” commands to such a point that FB can really understand how to place the PP256 sprites up clearly — will not be as hard as I think in a number of cases. Cool

However, the *real* problem with porting here is that since the whole project in QuickBASIC has some actual sprite scaling/rotation/lighting/translucency effects that are fresh from both Cosmo-X and RelLib for QB (from the gameplay portions and other material itself), and since I have not actually used FB very much myself ( Sad ), it is just too great a risk for me to port it, man. Unless, the Allegro library starts kicking in for a full-tilt launch release to FB. Then we are really gonna rock with either a Windows-based port of FJ or even an ENTIRELY new FJ game/sequel in a Windows format!! Big Grin ! Only time will tell the tale here, Ado.

For now, I am sticking with doing the original FJ game in QB. Period. Wink

And yes, I know very well how your Advance.PUT works, so it would definitely help me a great if not tremendous deal in doing some new FJ-based work for either a port of the game or a new FJ game/sequel, as I may have just now told you, Ado.

Anyway, thanks a rather lot, man, and you have yourself an awesome new week!!! :king:=b

[Image: file.php?id=32]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger”
Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
I'm portinng this baby to FB - by relsoft - 01-23-2005, 11:13 AM
I'm portinng this baby to FB - by aetherfox - 01-23-2005, 12:21 PM
I'm portinng this baby to FB - by Jocke The Beast - 01-23-2005, 07:28 PM
I'm portinng this baby to FB - by adosorken - 01-24-2005, 07:33 AM
Technically, porting FJ *could* be an issue there. - by Adigun A. Polack - 01-24-2005, 09:26 AM
I'm portinng this baby to FB - by relsoft - 01-24-2005, 11:12 AM