Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Absolute need of goto 4 correct functioning of loop routine.
I thought that Na_th_an and I were doing pretty good at not arguing, honestly. We were discussing, and considering each others' points--which is a lot more than I can say for most "conversations" I've had about religion. :barf:

Kudos (M&M ones, in this case) for Na_th_an for approaching this topic with a point of view that is both rational and considerate. Very mature.

Bah humbug to those that discount the discussion simply because it's on a topic that's been beaten do death by a dead horse with a stick. Or whatever.

I'm not a big fan of "agreeing to disagree." I like discussing things that make people reevaluate their stances and opinions; sometimes, it results in advancement. Sometimes it's the other person's. Sometimes it's mine. Often it's both.

In this instance, Na_th_an gets to consider the use of stacking NEXT statements and refactoring code blocks. I get to consider using GOTO (which I never would have done before) to optimize complex, command-heavy programs for speed.

So, yes, the topic's been covered. But please don't blow it off unless you see people blindly shouting opinions at each other as facts. It doesn't advance us. Big Grin

*peace*

Meg.

edit: damn, I'm kind of bitchy today. :o I gotta stop posting. I don't usually..like..make an issue out of stuff.

Messages In This Thread
Absolute need of goto 4 correct functioning of loop routine. - by Meg - 02-02-2005, 10:29 PM
Need more - by Mac - 02-03-2005, 12:50 AM
Mea culpa - by Mac - 02-03-2005, 01:57 AM
Using goto - by Mango - 02-12-2005, 04:45 PM
Not required though - by Mac - 02-12-2005, 07:55 PM
Got UnLazy - by Mac - 02-12-2005, 11:12 PM