Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up
The remarks against VB are hilarious, as always. I don't think I know anyone who ever said it was the greatest thing since sliced bread, but at least it isn't as hobbled as QB - which definately has its niche for some classes of problems too.

It is amazing though that the anti-VB crowd always sounds just like the anti-MS crowd. Maybe it's just part of the human condition to demonize.

That said, I'm not a .Net fan myself. If you think VB6 is "bloated," etc. you need to spend some time dealing with .Net application deployment. This will give you a whole new appreciation for VB6.

Last time I looked we were 5 years into the 21st century. 1985 called, and it wants its idea of "bloated" back. :wink:

BTW, AFAIK hardly anybody writes or maintains VB4 anymore. It was good in its day, but it had too many crudenesses. VB5 fixed many of these, and VB6 dealt with many other deficiencies. VB5 is basically extinct too except for those using VB5CCE (free) or needing better multithreading support (some of which VB6 "broke" - apparently on purpose).

Think of VB5 (VB97) as a major "service pack" to VB4 (VB96), and VB6 (VB98) as the next big service pack. Nobody should be using VB4/VB5 anymore (with the exceptions noted above).

Messages In This Thread
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up - by dilettante - 02-15-2005, 07:18 PM