Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up
Quote:Firstly, those dll's are something you could never avoid. While I am not too knowledgeable in raw win32 programming, even a c program would have to include those dlls that antoni showed, right?

No, i can compile you a programm, written in Basic and one in c, that does not need these pesky dlls. It needs stock win32 dlls, nothing more.
You could even go and make your programms in ASM without any special dlls Wink

Quote:Secondly, the idea behind VB is it's SIMPLICITY. Someone with a little English and a little BASIC knowledge can create win32 programs easily without messing about with message loops and handles. But, for the advanced user, that stuff is right there. That's the beauty of VB.

Ok, point, but i like to do it myself and dont do "Click and Code" (ajar to Click and Play)

Quote:I think the absolute power and functionality that VB demonstrates is worth 25kb for a basic win/button program. I don't think many languages could ouput a smaller file.

Hmm... BCX, Dev-Cpp, FB, ....

Quote:And the 3 threads of VB is a good way for cheap/poor people to get a reach on professional software.

Why didnt they just sell the programm without any support at 50 Euro and for those who realy need support... they pay extra.

Quote:And the VB runtime DLL with people have always bitched about has been shipped with every single computer that I've ever used in my life after 1999 (thats about 250 since I've used pretty much every single school computer). Thats a stupid excuse to knock VB, and to be honest Antoni, I thought you would be able to see past that.

I had a programm that uses VBRUN3*, a map viewer for fate - gates of dawn, and it was not in system32 of windows xp.
If this dll where not needed, then nobody would complain on the user side, but it is needed and it is anoying that you have to keep track of them.

So Long, The Werelion!
color=red]Look at you, Hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?" - Shodan, AI at Citadel Station orbiting Earth[/color]

Messages In This Thread
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up - by BastetFurry - 02-15-2005, 08:59 PM