Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up
Quote:Nek, it is well known that VB requires additional runtime files to function.
[Image: captobvious.gif]
Quote:Not everyone has those files, I run into missing VBRUN files about once a month.
Then update your computer and stop deleting the runtimes.
Quote:Everyone who blindly accepts any random file download request, and doesent care whats on his system has all files, correct.
Bad software exists everywhere. In fact, you're running some right now.
Quote:I don't like having VBRUN30 lying around on my computer wasting space (Yes, it's small, so? Many small files become pretty large)
You likely also have dxdiagn.dll, MSHTML.DLL, Jungle.dll, MSXML.DLL, SHDOC401.DLL, and a bunch of other large DLLs lying around your computer "wasting space" as well. You're a fool if you delete a file because it "wastes space" and then bitch and moan later because a program can't run without it. And some small files can become large...yeah sure, if you're using an antique filesystem like FAT16 or even FAT32 on very large partitions.
Quote:If you take into account the runtime files needed by VB EXEs then you easily get 500kb.
Incorrect. If you look at the argument, he said that the binary itself was 500KB, which is utter bullshit.
Quote:And gee... Whats up with all this: I'm so cool I can code in [insert random crap here]
Coder's pride, I guess. :roll:
Quote:Get over it already...
I agree.
Quote:Now, everyone get your asses over to the debate forum, and flame for a while... Infidels... FB will kick you in the nuts!
FB owns all. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.

Messages In This Thread
heheheheh..... powerbasic forum cracks me up - by adosorken - 02-16-2005, 05:38 AM