Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Behold, the world’s *first ever* FB palette library!!
To ShadowWolf:

Quote:there most likely some 8bit hardcore people here that will love this Smile

I’ll bet, and hey, I couldn’t even agree more. :king: You know, ShadowWolf, there are indeed apparently some to even a lot of us (even many QB fans from back in the heyday, also!) that will *definitely* enjoy using this library really, as this one is the very first of its own kind ever, most given that it is — in the first place — an actual palette library for FB already. You are pretty much correct though, man. Big Grin My lib is simply designed for 8-bit (or 256-color) palettes only. It was never intended exactly for 16- to 32-bits or alpha blending and all that kind of thing, BUT, it will hopefully be just as useful truly for both old-schoolers and hardcore QB programmers just as seriously as ever. No kidding!

Again, you are correct, ShadowWolf. Thank you for your honest opinion. Wink

And to you, rdc:

Thanks so much, very richly!! Cool=b Hey, I made sure and checked every single last routine in the whole entire lib to make *completely* sure that they all work the way they should on all versions of FreeBASIC from v0.11b on. For instance, when I first tried INP(969) on the conversions/fades/rotations of the default GFXlib 2 palette, it worked fully fine on FB v0.11b, but then when I tried the same exact thing on the newly released FB v0.12, the colors from that palette were all screwed up like “HUH!? :???: ”, you know? :lol: ! As a result of that, I then had to extract all of the R, G, and B channels from all of the 256 default colors of the GFXlib 2 palette. And you know where I got them from? Good ‘ol QuickBASIC 4.5, where else? Big Grin

Believe me, it took me a good two (2) days to just extract the life out of all 256 default colors so that I can next get them to go into my lib for a more truer and faithful color-perfect emulation of the GFXlib 2 palette to make the conversions/fades/rotations/greyscales of that palette fully work on FB v0.11b, v0.12, and on all future versions of FreeBASIC, too! And baby, when I tried them out again after that, THEY AMAZINGLY WORKED 100%, checks and everything (even on FB v0.12, also!)!!! d=^-^=b !

As you can see, a lot of effort and hard *painstaking* work has been used in the entirety of making The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine, my very first FB lib ever created in existence! Praise God that only He has first empowered me to do them all (as well as all of the above from this post, too!), because that entirety indeed has all been purposed to be an unforgettable blessing to all of you superb QB45/QB71/FB community. I MEAN IT!!! Big Grin

ShadowWolf and rdc, it is *truly* no doubt a pleasure to speak with both of you. See you again later. Wink

[Image: file.php?id=32]
- Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Let me comment on this, please. ^_- - by Adigun A. Polack - 03-12-2005, 10:06 PM