Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Spirit Painter' collaboration, possibly more
I'm with Nath on this one. This, although is excellent work by itself, could have been enhanced by actually outlining the pencil drawings with vector lines, as is the standard way for it to be done. I just get the impression that it is a bit...washy, with no clear, defined lines.

Also, in the larger version, the cave walls are of quite poor quality.

While we're on the subject of the cave, why exactly does it just stop all of a sudden? There's no real blending of it with the background or anything. You might have been better off with generating a stone cave wall texture through Photoshop filters (very easy to achieve).

Above the fox's head, there is a bunch of black and those random brush streaks, which is the only thing I can really say spoils the picture. The streaks look like they were put there to fill space, unfortunate, as that black space and those streaks kind of detracts from the fox. Worse comes to worse, you could have made the fox a bit bigger to fit the gap there.

Lastly, although this is probably the most minor detail right now: the creature looks a little...plastic. The colours don't have texture. It will take a lot of time and experience to be able to texture a drawing like that effectively, in fact in the beginning you will simply make the image look worse. I've been Photoshop'ing for over 3 years and it's still a very difficult thing to do with some items. Practice is the key. I barely need to do that kind of thing, so I haven't progressed much. By the looks of things, you will be, so practice lots, and you'll notice the definite progress.

I understand you are not 'pro' at this, hence this is just constructive criticism. Everyone can learn and take advice, no matter how good they are.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net

Messages In This Thread
'Spirit Painter' collaboration, possibly more - by aetherfox - 03-20-2005, 08:08 PM