Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QB Express Celebrates One Year: Issue #12 Released
Adigun: I fixed the formatting problem. Thanks for letting me know!

rpgfan: The overflow: auto is so that code boxes can scroll to the right if the width of the code exceeds the box. This is necessary because otherwise the layout would get messed up.

Na_th_an: I appreciate your suggestion, man. You're right, it would fix the problem. However, I'm not sure I want to implement it because of how much manual labor it would entail... copying and pasting dozens of code blocks every issue. I think there's got to be an easier way.

I actually tried using this solution in the past, before I started using the overflow: auto method. (I quit doing it because it took way too long.)

Look at this code box from some of the earlier issues... DarkDread's tutorial from Issue #3 is a good example:

Code:
<blockquote class="code"><font face="Courier" size="-1">
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ELSEIF PlayerDir$ = "E" THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IF Map%(PlayerX% + 3, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 AND Map%(PlayerX% + 2, PlayerY% - 1) < 10 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "T3.BSG", Cell3LeftX, CellY, 0<br>

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ELSEIF Map%(PlayerX% + 2, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "LW3.BSG", Cell3LeftX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;END IF<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IF Map%(PlayerX% + 2, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 AND Map%(PlayerX% + 1, PlayerY% - 1) < 10 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "T2.BSG", Cell2LeftX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ELSEIF Map%(PlayerX% + 1, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "LW2.BSG", Cell2LeftX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;END IF<br>

&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IF Map%(PlayerX% + 1, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 AND Map%(PlayerX%, PlayerY% - 1) < 10 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "T1.BSG", Cell1LeftX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ELSEIF Map%(PlayerX%, PlayerY% - 1) > 9 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "LW1.BSG", Cell1LeftX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;IF Map%(PlayerX% + 3, PlayerY% + 1) > 9 AND Map%(PlayerX% + 2, PlayerY% + 1) < 10 THEN<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;PutSprite "T3.BSG", Cell3RightX, CellY, 0<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;ELSEIF Map%(PlayerX% + 2, PlayerY% + 1) > 9 THEN<br>

...and so on.

I'm not trying to blow off your solution, I just can't justify all the time it would take. (Call me lazy. Tongue)

My theory at the moment is that FireFox has some kind of conflict with having a <div> tag (with overflow: auto) within a <pre> tag... but when I reverse the order of these tags, vertical scroll bars begin to appear (and we don't want those, only horizontal ones).

There's got to be some simple CSS fix that will alleviate all of our problems, but I haven't found it yet.
Pete's QB Site: http://www.petesqbsite.com

Messages In This Thread
QB Express Celebrates One Year: Issue #12 Released - by Pete - 07-21-2005, 05:54 PM