Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BASICODE
I have just uploaded my latest attempts at 4 Basicode Translators to below. Feel free to comment.

Gordon

http://sionet.mysite.wanadoo-members.co....SICODE.htm

Gordon’s Basicodes ver. 1.2

Here are 4 Basicode Translators covering GWbasic, Qbasic/QuickBasic, BBC Basic for Windows, and Liberty Basic along with 2 programs all shown below. Keep in touch for updates / more programs.

BC12GWB.BAS Translator for GWbasic
BC12QB.BAS Translator for Qbasic/QuickBasic
BC12BBC.BAS Translator for BBC Basic for Windows
BC12LB.BAS Translaotor for Liberty Basic
Basicodes.htm Table list of all Translators
Alltests.bas Program of tests
JuliaPatterns.bas Julia Patterns Program
Short.mid Very short midi test
Mona.bmp Bmp file for Alltest program
Read1st.txt This file

You must copy and paste the relevant translator to match the programming language above with a program code, and you can also use Notepad for this. Remember to change the file setting to allow BAS files to be opened with BBC4W. Note there are a number of un-coded routines in the LB translator best left at the end after the program code.

I must explain my approach to producing Basicodes is different from previous versions by others, in that here the Translators contain very few calculations, mainly Functions as sub routines, unlike other Basicodes where the Translators are part of the program. The translators above you will see it should be possible to convert any simple working program in any of the above languages, and adapt it to run on any of the languages, using the relevant translators. You do not have to write a program specially to suit any of the programs, but as you can see from the example programs obviously some special tailoring is needed to suit some of the languages.

Assuming you have a reasonable knowledge of a least one of the languages, and if necessary access the relevant Help file, then by studying the codes alongside in Basicode.htm you should be able to see the identical purpose of the functions in the other languages. The old DOS GWbasic never came with a Help file, but as the subsequent Qbasic is almost identical, you can refer to its Help file. There are a few notes of where the purposes of the lines may not be obvious.

Messages In This Thread
BASICODE - by GordonSweet - 08-18-2005, 11:59 AM
BASICODE - by GordonSweet - 09-10-2005, 08:10 PM
BASICODE - by GordonSweet - 09-17-2005, 11:34 AM