Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ASCII Painter/Picture Lab 1.0 Released!
To Rattrapmax6:

My wonderful and awesome man, I will be the rather first tonight to personally congratulate you on such a truly OUTSTANDING piece of work that will no doubt impress and spark the sheer creativity of all of us FB programmers and especially ASCII-text fanatics like myself as well!! d=Big Grin=b And, I am phenomenally impressed even more that the exports to FreeBASIC source code and now .BMP are as faithful as rather faithful can be, too!!!

Here are the test results for the output of the FreeBASIC .BAS file (when compiled to .EXE):

[Image: file.php?id=205]

......and as a .BMP file:

[Image: file.php?id=206]

.....and as for the other fomats, while they are not perfect, hey, at least they do get the job done! Wink Take a look at this example that resulted upon the export to BBcode “Code”-based format:

Code:
°°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°  
                                             °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°    
                                            Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°      
                      Â°Â°                  Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°        
  W E L C O M E   T O °°                 °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°        
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°               °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°          
°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°              Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°            
     ÛÛÛ    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã› ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ  Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°      Â²      
    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã› °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±²Û²²°± ²±°°°      Â²Â±Â²      
    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â°  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â° ÛÛ°°     ÛÛ°ÛÛ°°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ± ÛÛ±±Û ²±°°        Â°Â²Â°      
   ÛÛÛ°ÛÛ° ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ°ÛÛ°      Ã›Ã›Â°Ã›Ã›Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â±Â²Â±Â²Ã›Â°Â±Â°Â°Â°         °°°      
   ÛÛÛ±ÛÛ± ÛÛÛÛÛÛÛ±ÛÛ±      Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â°Â±Ã›Â±Â°     ²±            
  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â±Â±Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±      Ã›Ã›Â±Ã›Ã›Â±Â± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± Û°Û±°     ² ²±            
  Ã›Ã›Â²Â²Â²Â²Â²Ã›Â² ²²²²ÛÛ²ÛÛÛ²    Â°Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Â° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±±²Û²     ±°±±            
  Ã›Ã›Â²    Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â²Â²Â²Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Ã›Ã›Â²Â°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °± ²±°°°² ±    Â²  Â±Â²            
  Ã›Ã›Ã›    Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›Ã›  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°   ±°²   ±°²              
                                                    Â°    Â² ±  Â²Â°Â±              
       Û ²±° Û ²±° Û Û ²±° Û ²±° Û ²±° Û ²±°    Ã›     Û ²±° Û ²±                
        Â²Â²Â²Ã›Â² ²²²Û² ² ²²²Û²²²±²²² ²²²²² ²²²Û²²±° ²     ²²²Û² ²²°²°°°°°°   ²²²²  
       ²±  Â°Â±Â²Â±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â²Â±  Â²Â±Â± °± ±²±°Û± ²±°Û°±±°°²±    Â²Â±  Â°Â±Â²Â±Â°Ã›Â°Â± °±² °±² °±²  
       ±°Û°±°±°Û°±°±°±° ±±° ±Û° ±±°°°° ±°Û°°°°° ±°    Â±Â°Ã›Â°Â±Â°Â±Â°Â°Â°Â±Â°Â± ± ± ± ±²    
       °ÛÛÛÛÛ°ÛÛÛ±Û°Û°Û ±±Û± °Û± °Û°±±Û°Û°±±Û   °Û°±±Û°ÛÛÛ±Û°Û°±±Û± ± ± ± ±²    
       ±±    Â±Â±Â°Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±  Â±Â±Â± ±±± ±±±±±±±±±±±±   ±±±±±±±±° ±±±±±±±±± ± ± ± ±²    
            Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°              Â°       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
           °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°               °       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
         °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                 °       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
        Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°                  Â±       ± ± ± ± ± ±²    
      Â°Â°Â°Â±Â² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                    Â²       ± ± ± ± ± ±²±°  
     °°±² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â°                     ²       ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±°
   °°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°                        Â°     ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±±°
  Â°Â°Â±Â² ± ±°  Â± ± ± ±  Â± °  Â²Â±Â°Â°Â° ________________________ °   ± ± ± ± ± ±²±±±°  
°°°±² ±° ±  Â± ± ± ±  Â°Â± ± ²±°°   Presented by xtrGRAPHICS  Â°Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â±Â°

As well, I *especially* loved the way the right-click inside the canvas actually extracts a color/character from any part of it thereof, which helps to escalate it into a top-notch professional ASCII-based editor unlike any other here!! Cool And, I enjoyed how your text-based mouse pointer leaves magical temporary trails inside the canvas to help the user get a feel for what he/she is doing while working, you know that? ^-^ !

Overall, you have really done an over-the-top phenomenal job on it, Rattrapmax6!!! You can bet that I and a lot of the QB45/QB71/FB community are gonna have a helluva lot of fun creating such great and even more colorful text-based designs like never, EVER before, I can guarantee you that!!! Big Grin !!

Catch you again, and my deepest congratulations again to you on your most successful project well done!!! d=:king:=b

SALUTING YOU TRULY RICHLY ON THIS,

[Image: file.php?id=32]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow” ::: Continuing Developer of “Frantic Journey”
Current Developer of “Star Angelic Slugger” ::: Webmaster of the “AAP Official Projects Squad”
Original Creator of the “The New FreeBASIC 8-Bit Palette Machine”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !

Messages In This Thread
Truly EXCELLENT work and then some, Rattrapmax6!!! d=^-^=b - by Adigun A. Polack - 10-19-2005, 02:22 AM