Poll: The Best Gaming Library is by far..
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Future Library
100.00%
11 100.00%
CosmoX
0%
0 0%
Blast
0%
0 0%
GSLib
0%
0 0%
UGL
0%
0 0%
Other
0%
0 0%
Total 11 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Best Gaming Library is...
This poll will run for 7 days. Let me know your opinion everybody. One vote only please. Smile
You should really include UGL in there.
BLAST!!!!!

Why isnt it in there? Its perfect for what i need, small, efficient and not to much crap in there.

But them ive never used any other lib except my own so i wouldnt know how they are( i have them all though)
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
I think you forgot GSLib.
I hate libs ( :evil: ), and I have good reason. They always seem to muck up my program.
What I usually use them for is like a title routine or loading an image from a bmp file or something, then close it and use pure QB... (pure QB, that kinda sounds like the name of a library...)
I usually use DQB Smile
Added some library choices I forgot on the poll.
Quote:I hate libs ( ), and I have good reason. They always seem to muck up my program.

You sure? I just picked up blast as a last minute addition becuase fricken bqlb45.lib kept conflicitng with cm.lib so i couldnt use any of my c written double buffer routines(well not at a reasonable speed anyways) and have had no problems(70 fps constant toSmile).
Except maybe a slight fear at running out of available mem as when i compile i have 4k free, not good.
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
Bah. I couldn't be bothered learning all the commands in a lib. I learned enough DQB to make a sweet pitfall clone, but that's it. Stick to pureqb, and when you want to move on, learn C++.
where can I get some of these LIB's?
There was one good lib for qbasic that's lasted a good 10 years on my hard drive .It called QLIB 2 it was (formerly known as VSPRITES). It has easy to use routines like LOADPCX
.FADEOUT AND FADEIN, GETBLOCK, PUTBLOCK and PUTSHAPE .The functions automatically allocates memory. PUTSHAPE is nice because you drawyour sprite with a black background and you have transpanent sprites. You cant find this lib anymore on the webI think im the only one that has it in the world.