Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wow, long time
Wow...the idea just popped into my head to visit my old internet haunts. This site brings back a lot of memories.
How is everyone?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
(09-22-2008, 05:32 AM)Zack link Wrote:Wow...the idea just popped into my head to visit my old internet haunts. This site brings back a lot of memories.
How is everyone?
Wow is right. We haven't heard from you in a long time, and we missed you.

What good things have you been doing?

Here at the forum, things have been rather quiet lately, and not much QBasic programming topics to be seen. Come back and light a few fires.

Best regards..... Moneo

Moneo! Long time.
Well I'm currently in first year at the University of Toronto. I'm specializing in physics.
I don't program much any more, though my studies are forcing me to learn something called vPython (a Python module that is tailored to simulations of classical mechanics). QB, FB and this forum still hold a warm place in my heart, though - very good memories. What triggered the slowdown here?
Gee, you're in the university already. I remember when you were 13 and posting in this forum.

I never heard of vPython, but then again, I'm not up to speed on newer languages. Do you like it at least? Does it let you get the job done?

The usage of QB was greatly affected by many high schools across the country which stopped teaching QB as of the new school year of 2007-2008. Supposedly, this was due to rumors that QB would not be able to run under Vista, which many schools were now installing. I hear that they're now teaching VB. This had a ripple effect on almost all the QB forums. Posts by newbies always provided the fresh blood for the forums. Now, without these high school newbies, the regular members of QB forums were mostly left talking to themselves. Sad situation.

Regards..... Moneo
It has been a long time indeed...  Wink
Someone should tell those schools about FB.

VPython is fine...not really a programming language, though, more an object-oriented script that has predefined objects like spheres and rectangular prisms, which have built-in attributes like 3D velocity and position vectors. This allow easy animation of simulations in classical mechanics.

Neo, what's up? Finished that aerospace engineering degree? (If I recall correctly).
No, I'm still busy ^^" I'm slowly finishing up though...
Hey people, glad to read you again ! Smile
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
Hey bud! Did you ever finish your Go-Kart? :p
Never got around to it, sadly.