Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Web desing - opinions
I have this website design, and I was wondering if it's okay, as opposed to my old site design. So far people's opions have been:

"It's certainly blue."
"It's too blue"
"Why the hell is your site so blue?"
"What is your fixation on blue?"
"It's pretty"
"Good lord, don't make so god damned blue!"
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I like the new one but "Why so much blue!?!"

I just checked it and clicked the buttons the 3rd one messes up
Yeah, the new one's better. But I personally don't like java scripted buttons. It's just me though. They just give me the "blue's". BTW, it's a pretty blue site.
I'm blue, dabbie dee, dabbie da... *shudders at that song*
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
the javascript's messed up right now, because I added a bunch of blank images to keep the side bar from resizing and the main windows from resizing too small. the script uses the document index instead of names for mozilla compatibility, so if you add an image without adjusting it it messes up. i'll fix it later when I figure out how to use the document name index (so i can use images within the window).
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I would say the blue/white contrast in the logo is too harsh. Maybe use a milder blue for the font, or even just for the lettering outline.

To be honest I think I prefer the old one because it's easier on the eye, but if you fix the contrast it'll be fine.
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Y'know, that's funny pip, because I had it with the old blues, but I changed it to the harsher ones because I was told there isnt enough contrast by my family :roll:
I wouldn't say it's blue. Because I like blue. And that isn't blue, it's blueish purple. =P
earn.
hey hey hey hey hey!! It's NOT purple!! look at the hex color!! red and green or at nearly the *exact* same level!
You're right, but for it to be a kickass colour, you need RED = 0 Wink I like the blue shade where RED = 0, and the ratio of GREEN to BLUE is approx. 3/5
earn.