Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Programmers Club
http://groups.google.com/group/christian...club?hl=en
It's just what it sounds.  A group for programmers who also happen to be Christian.
This is your invitation.  Come on in, people!
You guys must write really buggy code. Bad logic :\
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Big Grin
That is actually the kind of response I was expecting out of this post.  I knew someone was going to say something like that. 

All I can say is, I will give you the same freedom I do anyone else.  I don't agree with you, but I am not going to bash you for it. 

I want to thank you for your post.  No, really.  I'm not being sarcastic.  It lets me know that someone saw this.
I went to your site and explored it a bi.  I'm not into the main subject matter, but, I think you have a very comprehensie site.

About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this.
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
(02-17-2009, 07:26 AM)Ralph link Wrote: ...
About the only thing I was interested in from your site was in the QB possibilites, which I didn.t find there, except your link to Pete's Qbasic Site, to which I am already a subscriber.

So, even though I thought your site to be a good one for the subject of "Christian Faith", I don't think this is the proper place for it, as I didn't find any qb matter of any kind, except the link I mentioned above.

So, I;m sorry, but I believe you shouldn't advertise in this forum, which is TOTALLY dedicated to the help and  use of qb, exclusively.  Sorry if you don't agree with my thoughts on this...

I can understand what you are saying.  But keep in mind the site has only been up for a little over 24 hours.  There is not much content at all.

Also, this site has a section for FB as well, and I have a link to that too on my site.  The idea is for it to be primarily user contributed content.  That is what groups like that are for.  Once I have a few more people, it may get more QB information.  I still use it so it will be on the site if from no one but myself.

That being said, I will never post about my site here again.  I only did so once.  After that I have simply answered replies to this thread.  I will in no way advertise here.  You have my word.
There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?
Programming should come BEFORE Christian! Call it the "Programming Christians in the Gladiator pits of QB."
Get my QB demonstrator here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8440706/Q-Basics.zip
(02-17-2009, 09:43 AM)Marcade link Wrote: There's a need for a 'Christian Programmers Club' ?

Why mix a(ny) religion with programming?

Why mix anything with anything else?  The answer is simply because I can.
The name of a site is the business of its members, not outsideers!  So, my opinion is to let the name alone, as it is not pertinent to this site. 
Ralph, using QuickBASIC 4.5 and Windows XP Home Edition and Service Pack 2, with HP LaserJet 4L printer.
Clippy is just ribbing in his...  um...  Clippish...  way?  Maybe?