Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have we had an SNK vs. Capcom sprite face-off yet? (images)
I noticed a little while back they're producing a new SNK Vs. Capcom for the neo-geo, and recreating the sprites by snk artists. It's kind of cool too see Ryu KOF style, but also interesting because I once tried to convert him to a KOF sprite myself. the snk artists did a hell of a better job than me (the middle sprite is my final product):

[Image: kofryu4.gif]

[Image: svc_screen012.jpg][/img]
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Bah!! Kyo will beat Ryu anytime!!!
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Yeah, I saw the screenshots too. (though they're a little too blurry)

I was hoping they would also redo the SNK sprites... but oh well.
nya? they redo a bunch of the kof sprites in each release. even when the characters are wearing the same thing.

capcom also redid the kof spites in their cartoony style when they made the first two capcom vs snk games, but some their own they still havent redone (i know sagat's still the same sprite he was in sfa 1)
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:Bah!! Kyo will beat Ryu anytime!!!

You really need to see that optomitrist, man.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
i dont know, kyo does kick some major ass....
[Image: svc_screen006.jpg]
Well, I'm sure they'll redo some of the animations for some SNK characters, but it was a little disappointing to see Earthquake in his SS4 sprite. There's no way he could fit in.
:o earthquake was in ss4?

*goes and checks*
*sigh*.

I meant Samurai Shodown 3...¬_¬
now, now, i *know* he wasnt in ss3. i'm checking the sprite in ss2, to be sure. but it isnt like snk to borrow sprites from older games. that's more a capcom thing to do.