Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Word Document
I'm kind of new at this and was wondering if someone could help me.

I was wondering if there was a way to open and view a word document from QB.

Thanks for any help.

XJMFF26
while you could probably check out wotsits and get data from the format, It's doubtful that you could make a ttf viewer capable of showing all the fonts. The last, very slow option is to use ugl's vector fonts, but this is mucho work for yourself.

http://www.wotsit.org/ has the format, but I think this is a little much for qb.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Well, Word is in line with the QB Compiler's mantra of "Inefficiency Saves the Economy"
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Thanks for the help.
Of course you can open a word doc in QB...the question is why would you want to? You would never be able to view it with all the WYSIWYG formatting in DOS. If you needed to open it and extract some particular data, it would be easy...just open as binary, go to the location where the data you want resides, and get it. Generally, if you want to use QB to store text, then just store it as the ASCII bytes...then anyone can view your document with notepad or any text editor.

QB will open any file...and you can read or write any data you want to a file using QB...there are no limits. You didn't get any helpful answers because the question you asked didn't really make sense to anyone who understands how QB opens files.

cheers
Or maybe he wants to do something like:

Code:
Shell "write abc.doc"
end

Dunno...