Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Ogre has a home!
http://members.lycos.co.uk/drunkenogre/

Tell me what you think.
Nice gfx (the logo with the cool dudes) and clean layout (yeah, I like sites where it's easy to navigate and read the content).

The only down-side is the banners/add-ons but since it's only in the right folder, it's acceptable.
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
Really nice
btw I've started to get the hang of the level editor but it would
be good if you described the different layers (wich one is what?)
/post]
Quote:Really nice
btw I've started to get the hang of the level editor but it would
be good if you described the different layers (wich one is what?)

Yeah, well it never was really meant for public consumption. I'll release a proper manual/readme at some point if there's sufficient interest.

Basically layer 3 is the sprite layer, so that's where the masked tiles with masks need to be. Anything on 4 is drawn on top of the particles and players and is not masked. Draw order:

Background
Layer1
Layer2
Layer3
Characters
Crates and other particles (explosions, trails, etc...)
Layer4

If you press 'I', you can adjust the scrolling factors for layers 1 and 2. It's basically a floating-point value that's the fraction of the amount that layer3 has scrolled. Pressing 1,2,3,4 will turn the layers on and off, and TAB will switch between em for editing. (don't remember if those are in the help screen). And remember to press 'M' to check the masks for it.

If you'd like to make more maps either with those tiles or others, I'd be glad to include them in future releases. Mladen's too busy making more tilesets and other gfx to do it. And I don't have the time or creativity...
hah! and you were getting ready to pay me to do a website for you... How long have you been rendering 3d, that looks pretty cool.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:hah! and you were getting ready to pay me to do a website for you... How long have you been rendering 3d, that looks pretty cool.

I'm really lousy at the 3d stuff. Those images are from the opening 3d cinematic that will come on the Empyrean Special Edition disc.
...Special edition disc? that's interesting...
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Quote:...Special edition disc? that's interesting...

Well, the game's only worthwhile if it's free... there's nothing to justify charging for it. But if some guy is really hardcore and wants to support us with $5, we'll send them a disc with the game and movie.

Either that or I'll just stick a paypal button on the page. I'm not confident this will go anywhere, but my partner is convinced that it will be an instant classic if we get some place like PA to mention it...
Well, you should at least try to make $$$$$$$$$ from your hard work. Smile
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Stupid question but. Is that $5 Canadian or American? Or maybe some other nation's currency?
o, let me get this straight. You want to fly on a magic carpet to see the King of the Potato People and plead with him for your freedom, and you're telling me you are completely sane?! -A.J. Rimmer