Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Game clones I'd actually like to see.
It seems that some people enjoy making exact clones of games, but they keep picking the same thing, like pac-man, zelda, and final-fantasy. Here's some clones that I'd like to see be made, and if they aren't made, I just might make them myself, we'd sure need some.

-Monkey Island
-Megaman
-A (real) Street Fighter clone
-Jazz Jackrabbit
-Any 3D Racing game.

These would be some good clones in my opinion, but not if they're *exact* replicas. Raven:yoyo commando to Megaman is kind of what I'm talking about.
Some additions

- Dune2
- Earth 2140
- Skyroads
- Commander Keen
commander keen you say?

http://www.hulla-balloo.com/vplanet/raview60.shtml
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Dune 2 you say? Arrakis is the answer.

...dunno if it's still up at qb45.com... [Image: tongue.gif]
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Quote:Dune 2 you say? Arrakis is the answer.

No its, Arrakis,,,,,, 2 that is the answer. Done in C and allegro. But its still in dev. I can dig around for the link if anyone wants it.

Quote:Monkey Island
Apparantly lucas arts 100 other adventure games arnt enough. Or the flash remake at newgrounds

Quote:A (real) Street Fighter clone
What? a emulator designed for street fighter doesnt count?

Quote:Jazz Jackrabbit
Number 2. And hundreds of others of games done at that time. On consoles. Does it need jumping bunnies?

Quote:Any 3D Racing game.
Erm, counts... uh were only at the 1000,0000,0000,0000 one of those, of you meant in qb? Well ask pasco what happened to the one he made. But rels is good enough looking anyways.

Quote:Megaman
There are tons of knockofs of megaman that were released, im guesing here, but i can garuntee you there are many, just go look for some nes or snes roms.... bet you they have roboman X2. or something like that.

Oh, you meant qb games?
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
Quote:-Any 3D Racing game.

How bout this one? Wink

[Image: projgr2.jpg]

Unless of course you meant *real* 3d.. in which case you can check out groove buggies. I didn't like it tho :roll:
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
Quote:No its, Arrakis,,,,,, 2 that is the answer. Done in C and allegro

Pfff... [Image: dozey.gif] Now note these two lines and tell me if Megaman was talking about allegro:

"I just might make them myself, we'd sure need some"
and
"Raven:yoyo commando to Megaman is kind of what I'm talking about."

Quote:Monkey Island
BlueScr is working on a pseudo SCUMM engine. Does that counts?

Quote:A (real) Street Fighter clone
Check this and laugh: (click on the image to download)
[Image: sidewalk.png]

Sick gameplay and ugly keyhandler, yeah, but a SF clone, without doubt.

I'm sick of Mario here and Sonic there... and you want Jazz?

Ah... and talking about Groov Buggies:

Quote:Groov Buggies is no longer being developed (as of the 22nd of April, 1998).
However - MAJOR bugs might be fixed if reported to me.

There are a few reasons for this:
The thing was getting to big Tongue
As a result new things couldn't be added, one more command and it wouldn't complile.
3D mode was FAR too slow, mainly because it had to do the 2d screen as well for collision detection.
Screen mode 7 was too slow as well
Memory requirements were a bit extreme
GROOV BUGGIES II HAS STARTED!!!

Now the question is: Groov Buggies 2? Where?

And talking about your sig, well, I haven't used that just because I always work alone.

[Image: fal.gif]
img]http://usuarios.vtr.net/~disaster/sigs/annoyizer.php[/img]
Quote:Check this and laugh: (click on the image to download)

<<<picture of Sidewalk Fighter>>>

Yeah I played that one. Beleive it or not though, that's one of the best QB fighting games out there. That's why I beleived that QB Fighting games needed some more population.
Quote:
Hexadecimal Disaster Wrote:Check this and laugh: (click on the image to download)

<<<picture of Sidewalk Fighter>>>

Yeah I played that one. Beleive it or not though, that's one of the best QB fighting games out there. That's why I beleived that QB Fighting games needed some more population.

Try BB2 and I bet you'd worship Hex.

;*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
Quote:
Number 2. And hundreds of others of games done at that time. On consoles. Does it need jumping bunnies?

JJ2 rocks! Best co-op sidescroller ever. To some extent I'm modelling Microrush2 after it (the frenzied gameplay and smooth scrolling), but that's not in QB, and I'm not sure a Jazz clone would be possible in QB even with libs.