Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using the F Keys
I just have not worked out how I can make use of the F-keys. Can anyone show me a simple example they I can work on please
use Inkey$ or INP(&H60) to get the value of it, then so a select case or if...then to see if it occurs.

That said, I don't know if INKEY$ will read function keys, though they should have ASCII codes so yeah...

Hail.
·~¹'°¨°'¹i|¡~æthérFòx~¡|i¹'°¨°'¹~·-
avinash.vora - http://www.avinashv.net
Look up KEY in the help files, there are examples in there also. The function keys can be used as combination keys.
ammit potato!
ON KEY is a bad idea, avoid it.

I believe the function keys are the same as the arrows... The INKEY$ variable contains two characters, the first of which is CHR$(0), and the second is an ascii value. You can make a simple proc to trap it:
Code:
DO
  DO: I$ = INKEY$: LOOP UNTIL I$ <> ""
  PRINT I$;
  FOR a = 1 TO LEN(I$)
    PRINT ASC(MID$(I$, a, 1));
  NEXT
  PRINT
LOOP
'untested
of you may have been in existence. The FBI hasn't come after me yet. Should I head for Cuba?

"ON KEY is a bad idea, avoid it. "
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
you can hide, but you can't run?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
we are following you everywhere...
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Wow... people fleeing from America to Cuba??? :rotfl:
...I guess the economy's worse than I thought...
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry