Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
uglGame [Out of Memory]
Okay, here's the thing. I'm adding an About page that basically gives the credits for the game (hiya Blitz, Ninkazu, Agamemnus Wink) and when I run it in QB 4.5, it runs just fine. The problem however, is that when I compile the program using Blitz's mk4qb.bat file, it gives me an error saying Out of Memory. The weird part is that if I delete the SUB and the declaration of the sub, it compiles just fine. Zack and Wurka are saying to try using QB 7.1 (which I'm downloading) and Ninkazu only lightly agrees, or doesn't care. Either way, it's hard to tell what "meh" means out of context, even though I use it that way all the time as well. Any suggestins?
earn.
and link it to qb's compiler.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
I compiled it myself and it was fine. but msg me and i'll try to help you.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
i think that seph's computer is just weird.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Blitz, you've been offline for almost a day now. I think you blocked me. Or are you just offline?

Anyways the program compiles fine until I add in one extra SUB with like 5 lines of code. It's not the code, because if I take all the code out and compile it with the empty SUB itself, it still gives me an error. The error is that it's out of memory for the program itself. When I compile it and it gives me an error, it says the total memory available is like 42000 bytes something, and that I have 1 byte left in my program.

So I need to know how to use modules or some other way to get rid of the memory problem.
earn.
http://www.sephplanet.com/qb45.zip

That's my entire QB 4.5 directory with all the files in it. Download it and try to compile the program using makeuglg.bat. Tell me if it works.
earn.
Code:
C:\qb45>makeuglg
Microsoft (R) QuickBASIC Compiler Version 4.50
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1982-1988.
All rights reserved.
Simultaneously published in the U.S. and Canada.

Out of memory

42557 Bytes Available
   17 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)

Microsoft (R) Overlay Linker  Version 3.69
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1983-1988.  All rights reserved.

UGLGAME.OBJ(UGLGAME.BAS) : fatal error L1101: invalid object module
pos: 222 Record type: FF
earn.
Quote:
Code:
Microsoft(R) Windows DOS
(C)Copyright Microsoft Corp 1990-2001.

E:\DOCUME~1\TOM>D:

D:\>cd qb45

D:\QB45>cd qb45

D:\QB45\QB45>makeuglg
Microsoft (R) QuickBASIC Compiler Version 4.50
(C) Copyright Microsoft Corporation 1982-1988.
All rights reserved.
Simultaneously published in the U.S. and Canada.

Out of memory

41661 Bytes Available
    0 Bytes Free

0 Warning Error(s)
    1 Severe  Error(s)

Microsoft (R) Overlay Linker  Version 3.69
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1983-1988.  All rights reserved.

UGLGAME.OBJ : fatal error L1101: invalid object module

D:\QB45\QB45>
earn.
you need to use LINK "manually" from the command-line and use the /SE:800 option with it. It looks like you're trying to make the executable from within the IDE.
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Nope. If you'll notice, both outputs have "makeuglg" in them. Here is makeuglg.bat:

Code:
@echo off
bin\bc /o /fpi /r uglgame.bas uglgame.obj;
bin\link /segments:800 uglgame.obj, uglgame.exe, nul, lib\bcom45.lib + ugl\lib\ugl.lib
del uglgame.obj
earn.