Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Compilation error.
I keep getting a "Data-memory overflow" when compiling my program. Any idea what that means and how I can fix it?

It occurs when I'm setting the screen mode (SCREEN 13).
ammit potato!
am an asshole. Get used to it.
uhh....
ok... i'll link it, quite big, with graphics sets...
i still don't get (functions) either, despite reading the other thread, so it's not as optimized as possible

http://www.hokuten.net/send/battle.zip
ammit potato!
am an asshole. Get used to it.
I put

'$DYNAMIC

in the first line of your program and moved your COMMON statements to before the DIM statements (after the DEFINT statement) and it compiled just fine. (COMMON statements must occur before executable statements. That's the error message you'll get if you just put in the '$DYNAMIC and don't move the COMMON statements.)
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Worked! Awesome, thanks! battle.zip has been replaced by the executable, btw.... no point in downloading now...
ammit potato!
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Glenn again with the subject thing :o Oh man I am such a newbie, even at posting~!!
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Quote:Glenn again with the subject thing :o Oh man I am such a newbie, even at posting~!!

Still catches out a few of us every now and then... I see you've relapsed into the "." again, Glenn :wink:
sorry for changing the subject ( not that it matters, that person seems to be helped ), but why do you people put your message inside you subject lines sometimeS?

it seems like it is just longer that way, because you have to put the"." in the main box anyway
This is the end of everything, you are the end of everything." -Slipknot - Everything Ends

"GOD HATES US ALL!!" -Slayer - God Hates Us All