Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
vb decompiler
where can i find a good visual basic decompiler. i checked google.
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
I'd also like a unicorn. But it doesnt exist either. A decompiler interprets machine code instructions. The result is almost incomprehensible in assembly, and close to it in any high level language. VB is almost out of the question.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
i downloaded vb decompilers several times but could never get them to work, at all.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
do you have a decompiler for vb 6?
Back by popular demand!
no, i deleted them all. they were for vb5 anyways.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

oh... where did you get them
Back by popular demand!
I found a vb3 decompiler that worked perfectly.6 is probably harder to decompile. And you lose all coments and variable names etc
b]Hard Rock[/b]
[The Stars Dev Company] [Metal Qb flopped] [The Terror]
Stop Double Posts!
Whats better? HTML or Variables?
some search engine a long time ago.... prolly hotbot.

it didn't work so perfectly. Smile

Quote: And you lose all coments and variable names etc
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
AFAIK VB3 "compiler" was a P-Code converter so converting it back to ascii was easy. The "decompiler" of VB3 was a simple translator. Just the same than a prog recovering ASCII text from a QB source saved in QB mode.

QB6 is a real compiler, so I doubt someone can get anything else than assembler code from it or from a QB compiled program.
Antoni