Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The death of UGL?
Well, 0.21 was probably the last release. We were planing on another one atleast, with a modplayer. But it's not worth the trouble. 2 years of work on a 100% free library and all the support, we got nothing back but complains and desctructive critisism. And we reached the conclusion that it's not worth the trouble. It never was but you get to a point where you just had enough. And the two last straws was two kids going by the names thebasicq and Agnamenues or something. Making us realise that qbers will never change. So if anyone has any objections (which i doubt) you can thank them.

Wishing good luck with everything from v1ctor and me...
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Please don't give up because of some critisism. UGL is a great library (probably the best). People never start using great innovative things right away. For instance: dvd players, cd players, electricity, pocket pussies... I think if you give it some time, you'll be surprised at how many people will start using UGL. suggestions: put ugl on more sites, make some kind of ugl only forum or something, and don't give up. If the old guys wont change, that doesn't mean that newbies wont use your lib.
am: "Where should I put this thing so that it doesn't hurt anyone we know or care about?"
Max:"Out the window, Sam. There's nobody but strangers out there."
I think that 90% of reviews have been positive (I don't consider a "i don't know how it works" a review, so these don't count). What do you want? When DirectQB was released almost no games were coded using it. It became popular since late 1999/2000, having been released in 1998.

Give time to time. Most QB coders just want an easy environment to build easy games easily. A change of lib can be hard, mostly because the new syntax and usage. Don't be so impatient.
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
I have an incredibly HUGE objective here to this! I know Agamemnus is really REALLY annoying, but that's not a problem. Simply block him if you can't handle it. And thebigbasicq is one if THE biggest morons I've ever seen. I swear to god man, my girlfriend was on this computer while I was showering, and that moron IMed her, and she was like "I don't know who you are, I'm not Steve, I can't help you out" and the kid wouldn't leave her alone! I had to eventually block him when I got out of the shower. I mean, it's not that he was being a jerk, he was just stupid and didn't take the hint to leave her alone. And on top of that, he couldn't even understand simple expressions, and when my girlfriend said "buy now" because she has horribly spelling, he said "buy what? what am i buying and why?" and he wasn't joking! The kid's a fucking idiot, and you had BETTER get back to work on that beautiful LIBRARY!!!!!
earn.
don't make me rant about how stupid Blitz just acted, he's wrong and i'm right, and I'm not saying anything bad about his lib.
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Agamemnus, you're an idiot. I'm not saying I don't like you, because I've known you're an idiot the whole time and yet I still talk to you Smile
earn.
you're an idiot, too.

But I didn't say I didn't like you, and I didn't say I did. :bounce:
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Agamemnus, you're a burden to this community. Die now or F U C K OFF
am an asshole. Get used to it.
HEY! Look, dammit guys.

Blitz: You're too sensitive. I havent seen one respectible negative review of UGL, and i'd very much like to see it continue to be worked upon, but your reaction to negative, uninformed comments is rediculous. This has happened before.

Agamemnus: Who cares if you're right? I dont have any idea what you're talking about. Dont try and be "right" all the time, it's unhealthy.

Seph: Be nice. Calling people idiots doesnt get anything accomplished, or convinces anyone of anything.

Ninkazu: Don't be a jerk. This isnt some kind of a club, it's a forum.

Now please, somebody lock this thread before it gets worse.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Toonski!!! Say something to me!!!

Ninkazu: Agamemenus isn't a burden... he's actually giving me an understanding on pathfinding. Smile