Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Out of Memory
Greetings to all those people who are annoyed by me...... but here I am again. Well, when I try and run my game that I am making it tells me that it is 'out of memory.' I seem to remember having this problem one time before, and it was because there are too many variables. The problem occured when I implemented the newest version of QMidi into my program rather than the old one. The new one calls for some 500 more variables, and I guess I don't have enough or something... Well, anyway, first tell me if I am correct and THEN I'll post some code and you can help me.......
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Not likely. Did you mean too many array elements? Either way, try putting '$DYNAMIC at the top of your program.
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
I have '$dynamic at the top of the program and it still doesn't quite work.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
Email your program to me (gstumpff@yahoo.com), or post your code.
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Actually, check that. Now it says 'out of string space' I would post my code but it is really long and unefficient.. Sad because I am a newbie. But, I will keep working on it with your suggestions.
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
I figured it out on my own! I guess that the QMidi Code was just too damn long for my program (which is already sort of long) to handle! I deleted the QMidi functions and implemented the 'short' version of it and now it works. Thanks for all you guys' help anyway.
ovaProgramming.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~