Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXE file?
:???:
Ok.. I am sure this will sound like a dumb question to most of you. I was wondering, I wrote are very simple little program to help me automate a process needed where I work. I want to put this program on everyones computer and have it as an executable file. How can I accomplish this from a Qbasic file (.BAS)? I'm sorry for the stupidity but I haven't programed in a long time and never really got as in depth as what I am sure that most of you are.

Thanks in advance for the help
What version are you using? In QB 4.5 click on run the below it, it should say "Make EXE File..." and you click on that

and what is the program?
Smile
:???:
Not sure what version QB I am running.

When I start up QB it does not tell me what version it is. I do not have the option to make EXE file under any off the drop downs at the top. How can I can QB 4.5? I think I have a real old version of the software. How can I create an EXE file in the older version?

The program automates the ordering information for SLA's

Thanks [/img]
use google to search for qb45 or qb71. with either of these versions you can compile exe's!! yay 8) 8)

i think you can get it at http://www.geocities.com/aliphax. i could be wrong though...
You may have QB45 now but the full menus option is turned off preventing you from seeing the EXE creation item. See if there's a 'full Menus' option under the 'Options' menu - if so, turn it on and then you should be able to see all the menu stuff, such as creating the EXE file.

If you don't see that, then you probably have Qbasic, in which case it will say so when you start it up (and you can see under Help/About) - and if ithat is so, you can't create EXE files. You should then start searching for QB45.

- Dav
Dav's right. Anyway, you can find most versions here: http://usuarios.lycos.es/qbsux
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
:lol:
Thanks all.
I had Qbasic not QB45. I downloaded QB45 and can now do what I need to. I appreciate all the help that you guys are giving me.
Quote::???:
Not sure what version QB I am running.

When I start up QB it does not tell me what version it is. I do not have the option to make EXE file under any off the drop downs at the top. How can I can QB 4.5? I think I have a real old version of the software. How can I create an EXE file in the older version?

The program automates the ordering information for SLA's

Thanks [/img]

But you might actually have Qbasic. If you run the interpreter with the DOS command "QB", it's QB; it will make executables. If you type "QBASIC", you don't have QB and it won't make executables. You should also be able to figure out what it is you're running, and the specific version of it, by pressing ALT-H to bring up the on-line help. If you just click on the word "Help", you may even get an "About..." line that will tell you. (I've never actually done that.)
ravelling Curmudgeon
(geocities sites require copying and pasting URLs.)
I liked spam better when it was something that came in a can.
Windows should be defenestrated.
Quote:But you might actually have Qbasic. If you run the interpreter with the DOS command "QB", it's QB; it will make executables. If you type "QBASIC", you don't have QB and it won't make executables. You should also be able to figure out what it is you're running, and the specific version of it, by pressing ALT-H to bring up the on-line help. If you just click on the word "Help", you may even get an "About..." line that will tell you. (I've never actually done that.)

I had Qbasic. I am running Windows 2000 and don't have DOS. I open Qbasic.exe in a CMD window. I didn't have any of the help files. It was an EXE file that I downloaded from Kazaa. But now I have the 4.5 version.

Thanks