Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A different sort of project
h'lo all.

I haven't been around for a while cause I've been busy working a technology camp for the summer. Anyhow, the long and short of it is that I'm entering a robotics competition with another guy I met. For those familiar with the Lego Mindstorms system, we will be using at least two (maybe three) RCXs programmed in NQC and passing IR tokens.

The game rules can be found here
Quote:The goal of rtlToronto14 is to get to a box filled with uncooked rice and search through the material to find and extract black 2x4 Lego blocks while sorting out white 2x4 blocks. Blocks are to be removed from the box with a minimum of disturbance to the rice and moved onto the player's half of the playfield.

The other fellow is a much more experienced builder than me, so he's making the base and sorting mechanism, while I'm making the claw and rake. It takes an incredible amount of torque to pull a 60cm Lego arm through rice...
ahhh...legos. I have the RCX 1.0 around here somewhere, haven't used that stuff in years.
lego robotics are cool ive entered in FLL the last two years and most likly this year
[Image: sig.php]
Back by popular demand!
I will byte and nibble you bit by bit until nothing remains but crumbs.
Got 2.0 myself. Not that advanced as you seem to be, yet. Currently I'm working on a 'robot' that scans a paper, and then plays the notes on it.
url=http://www.copy-pasta.com]CopyPasta[/url] - FilePasta
Quote:Got 2.0 myself. Not that advanced as you seem to be, yet. Currently I'm working on a 'robot' that scans a paper, and then plays the notes on it.

Sounds nifty. I feel great when I finally get my arm working with double worm gears... and then surf some site a guy's making custom proximity sensors and feel like a complete n00b again.

I wish I could've gotten a 1.0 set. The original RCX had a 9v adaptor port in it... incredibly useful. Also, there were real robotics projects in the constructopedia, not that ridiculous inventorbot with the silly plastic tubes on it.

On the other hand, the RCX2 has some nice additional features. (like the ability to preview any variable in the display, rather than just sensor readings...)