Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Apache have any FTP support?
If so, how do I get to it? And how would I set passwords and crap for other people to have access to certain parts?
Apache is an HTTP server, not an FTP server. If you want FTP, you need to install an FTP server.
You tryin' to set up your own webhosting business?
Not really a business, but I'm planning to offer hosting for a price...

So, what's the most reliable FTP server out there? Is there a way I can continue to use Apache, but at the same time use an FTP server for others?
Hrmm... sorry this won't answer your question however I feel I should post this anyway (this is probably more to satisfy my curiosity, as you've probably thought of this already)...

You say you're running your own (or want to run anyway) web hosting business or whatever... are you running a dedicated server in your house or something? And, what kind of broadband connection do you have? Also, do you know how much bandwidth (incoming and outgoing) does your ISP allow? They most certainly put a limit on it which you'll have to know about if you plan on hosting other peoples websites...
Quote:Hrmm... sorry this won't answer your question however I feel I should post this anyway (this is probably more to satisfy my curiosity, as you've probably thought of this already)...

You say you're running your own (or want to run anyway) web hosting business or whatever... are you running a dedicated server in your house or something? And, what kind of broadband connection do you have? Also, do you know how much bandwidth (incoming and outgoing) does your ISP allow? They most certainly put a limit on it which you'll have to know about if you plan on hosting other peoples websites...

I've been having traffic going in and out of my site (from my house) for about a week now, and when I've asked, people say they've been able to browse my site just fine. I have a Cable modem... Unless I become the next somethingawful, I don't plan on getting much changed.