Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
That's QB !
I have to release it now... The Ken Perlin's functions are here, the 3D engine works fine, and the shapes are 1st, 2nd, 3rd or 4th degree.

I know some will call it useless work, others will find it stunning. All I can tell you is that it's a huge amount of brain worning, I had a lot of fun programming this, and I hope others will find ideas in this source:

http://mandelbrot.dazibao.free.fr/Tcray/TCRay2.zip

The results are here:

[Image: TcRay4.jpg]
[Image: TcRay2.jpg]
[Image: TcRay3.jpg]
[Image: TcRay1.jpg]

and of course, many thanks to Antoni Gual for his support !

Nota: the prog can work either in SVGA mode, either by direct bitmap generation. All you need to do is to edit the TCRay2.mak file and change from TCLib17.bas to TCBmp.bas.

As for Ffix, I cannot say more: use it, that will make your progs faster! You can find that magic patch on Antoni's webpage and on mine.

Hopefully, I still play a Telecaster: that helps me keep my brain in good shape :rotfl:
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
Awesome stuff man.... awesome stuff.
am an asshole. Get used to it.
same post for me Wink lol
reeBASIC, our future in here.
and from me :rotfl: Smile
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
Just awesome!
But i can't compile it... "Program memory overflow". Perhaps TCRay needs to be splitted in two modules?
Antoni
For those afraid of the speed of the program:
Running the program in the IDE in the background in a P4 2,4 the bmp's are rendered in 3 to 5 minutes.
Antoni
I managed to compile the prog before introducing the textures...

I'm gonna try to put some maths functions in a separate module:

Equa1, 2, 3 & 4
Acos, CosD, SinD, Sqr3
Mandelbrot, Julia, Perlin, Init.Perlin

Maybe transfering them to TCLib will be enough...
I imagined you added things after the last compile and tried them only in the IDE...Big Grin

Remember that calling things in a different module slows down the program. So the math functions are a good election for reusability of the code but a bad one for speed. I would instead move the Init functions to a sepparate module. Not reusable, but it would keep the speed critical part in a single module. Calling Pset24 in another module is slowing things enough ...
Antoni
I splitted TCRay2.bas into TCRay.bas an TCMaths.bas, and I still have a stack overflow when trying to link...
why not, but sharing the shape definitions array will be more tricky... I don't like that common stuff, so this would mean writing a small piece of code to get back the data from the Init module to the main module.

I have to admit, one more time, I never, or almost never, compile my progs because they are constantly evolving...

As for today, I have a couple of small mods to do, following your remarks, Antoni:
1) introduce a Shape(Id%).NumType as integer
2) use the "get freefile"