Poll: After you have tried AAP/GPL, are you **definitely** gonna be using it in your future QB games?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
I MOST _SURE_ WILL!!! Thank you for such a *splendid* product, man!! ;D !!
100.00%
2 100.00%
No thank you. Sad But a real good try, though! Smile
0%
0 0%
Total 2 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AAP/GPL — AAP Game Pad Library — has just been launched!!
Most **UTTERLY** dearest QB45/QB71 community in its entirety,

Hello and do listen up!! Big Grin !

If you have _always_ wanted a *MUCH MORE FASTER* joystick/gamepad library for QuickBASIC 4.5 and 7.1 that uses four (4) gamepad buttons, supports analogue gamepads, and EVEN does not slow down the running operation of your QB programs **at all**, then I’ll tell you what, YOU WOULD NEVER HAVE PICKED A MORE BETTER AND RIGHT PLACE TO BE IN THAN THIS, because here lands this:

Try using this for your projects and game creations in QB (such as RPGs, shooters, platformers, or whatever!), whether you use UGL, Future.Library, Nexus-13, or whatever library you like at all, really!! Wink !

First of all, **EXTRA** Special Thanks go to Almighty Jehovah God, with regular Special Thanks going to Phillip Jay Cohen and SJ Zero, too!

So, if you are all psyched to go, you may download AAP/GPL here, please. And believe me, you **WILL** want to use it for your current projects. I can sure-fire guarantee it!!! Wink !!

Catch you on later now!

FURTHER BENEFITTING YOU FAIR AND SQUARE,

[Image: AAPMini.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Webmaster of the AAP Official Homepage
Official Founder of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo”

P.S. And **BEST** of all, you don’t even have to calibrate your joystick or gamepad at all in order for it to work right on this lib, too!! Cool !!!

P.P.S. In honor of my current compo that is going on, I am currently working on a **SPECIAL** QBCPC-version of RelLib with the __EXACT__ same joystick/gamepad routines that were *just* put in my original lib from tonight that I have mentioned in this VERY post. STAY TUNED NOW!!! Wink !!
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
Careful using the acronym GPL Smile

I can't honestly say whether I'd use it or not... I have yet to make a game worthy a lib Smile
To Oracle,

Well, to be truthful here, I _do not_ even know as to whether “GPL” is an acronym or not. But one thing’s for certain, man. In titling my original joystick/gamepad library that was launched on the rather evening of September 12, 2003, the letters “GPL” stand for “Game Pad Library”. I *never* even designed it to put anyone down, much less insult someone at all, too. I just meant that it would stand for something cool and exciting. That is all. Big Grin

Anyway, thank you so much for commenting, Oracle. Wink

JUST BEING STRAIGHT AND TO THE POINT,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
GPL=General Public Lisence

So the AAP/GPL would be GPL :lol:

D'you think you could point me to a few games that have been made in QBasic using the joystick? I'd like to try them out Smile
Polack can you stop doing them annoying post please. there 70's hippy and you right to ... and thats just like you are a granny sending letters to people
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
To GDMGames:

I am going to be *real* point-blank honest with you, man. Just like I told Flexibal in one of my earlier posts, if you don’t like my writing style, then too bad, cause it is gonna stay right where it is. PERIOD, and you have no further say about that whatsoever. I mean, if you do not like my posts, you can always find some other. And another thing, in rather addition, I am getting 100% so *BRUTALLY* dead-tired of that _RIDICULOUSLY_ so-called “70’s hippie” junk concerning about what some people think about my posts. Hey, if the plain crystal-clear truth were told, man, it will *just* as well be this:

Many of my posts are *so* honestly inspiring and encouraging and uplifting to other people, that they would most easily understand and get it and be strengthened by them in such a positive way. BOTTOM LINE, AND THAT IS FINAL. :king: !

And it is _never_ that I am speaking in even a negative way to you or anyone else at all. I was ONLY encouraging people to try out my new joystick/gamepad library, and that was all, so you never need to even make such a fuss out of it ever, GDMGames. Ergo, *do not* even try to go off-topic, even on my original threads, alright please? Wink

Thank you for your respect and cooperation. Big Grin !

BRINGING SOME **PROPER** ORDER TO THIS ORIGINAL THREAD OF MINE,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
To Oracle:

You have brought up something real interesting here. I will *happily* tell you right now that the joystick/gamepad supported games that were made using QuickBASIC are Pearl 4 Beta by Philipp Lenssen, QBDefend by Tim Truman, and Wetspot II (Executable and Source-Code versions) by Angelo Mottola. That is all that I can remember here, so try ‘em, Oracle! And if you choose to, give my lib a test, would you? Thank you so much!! Wink !

You have an **utterly** blessed weekend, my man, and real good fortune to you ever more!!! Big Grin !

POINTING YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
Quote:... and EVEN does not slow down the running operation of your QB programs **at all**

Hmm, but how can that be possible after what Plasma said about the limiting factor being the speed of the joystick hardware?

Still, all to good, I hope it works as well as you say. I would try it out but I don't have a joystick/pad.
In a world without walls and doors, who needs Windows and Gates?
To all (and *especially* Piptol as well):

A rather _splendid_ Saturday evening to you all. Wink !

To share with you something about how fast AAP/GPL *really* is, I have added a FPS (Frames Per Second) counter as well as a vertical retrace delay, and do take a look at the two screenshots that took place while I experienced this lib (with the gamepad of choice being a Logitech Wingman Action gamepad, which is an analogue one, no less! Cool ).

[Image: AAPGPL%20-%20Screenshot%201.gif]
This is the test screen that comes up during my lib’s demo (if you do have a gamepad/joystick connected).

[Image: AAPGPL%20-%20Screenshot%202.gif]
If you can see the result of the FPS on the bottom-left corner of this screen here, you can *quite* easily see that my demo runs an average of up to at least about 65 FPS, even with *ALL* of the analogue controls working _100% properly_ (*WITHOUT* calibration period, believe it or not!) and all four (4) buttons pressed at once!!! :o !! Boy, talk about ***BLAZING fast and responsive***, huh? Wink !!

Man, let me tell you something. If those pics you have just seen has now *struck* your wildest fantasy about adding WILDLY GOOD gamepad controls to even your most intensified QB games (2D or 3D), RPGs, and/or projects, then please give this lib a go. You will *never* be disappointed, really, especially if you do have an analogue gamepad with at least four (4) buttons handy!! Big Grin !

See you again, and thank you!!! Cool !

THE PROOF HAS JUST RISEN OUT OF THE PUDDING AND INTO THE **DEAREST** LIGHT,

Adigun Azikiwe Polack
No! GPL = Global Programming Language!!!! Smile
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.