Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So, where do I get VBDOS, and..
How do I get the string * 1 type to be faster than integer? Sad

I have to use CHR$ and VAL which slows things down considerably. Sad

I hear VBDOS is a faster compiler. I need the fastest one. And instructions, preferrably. Please. Smile
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Use CHR$ and ASC only to get and store the data, but copy them to integer variables for all calculations or comparisons.

For VBDOS search google: vbdos.zip download or something like that.
Antoni
Can VBDOS compile QB programs?? Big Grin
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
i was hoping it could. M$ did have quite a lot of backwards-compatibility with Quickbasic...
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

It worked. It's a little less than TWICE as fast!!

:bounce:

You can run qlb libs, but I think they have to be different formats because I tried to run Rellib on VBDos, but it didn't work. If someone can figure out why that is and how to load QB 4.5 Libs into VBDos, then I would say that VBDos is an excellent IDE + compiler to use considering it offers some many tools for Ascii GUIs + plus for anything else like game creation etc. And when compiled if it is almost twice as fast, then bonus!
Quote:You can run qlb libs, but I think they have to be different formats because I tried to run Rellib on VBDos, but it didn't work. If someone can figure out why that is and how to load QB 4.5 Libs into VBDos, then I would say that VBDos is an excellent IDE + compiler to use considering it offers some many tools for Ascii GUIs + plus for anything else like game creation etc. And when compiled if it is almost twice as fast, then bonus!

Yould could ReLink the OBJ's of rellib using VBdos' LIB and Linker and it would work just fine.. ;*)

Don't worry, I already Dle'd VB dos and will make a RelLib VBdos version. :*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/