Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Encryption Utility
I am making an encryption utility for my QBWrite clone and want to know how to change whole variables into there numbers in the alpahbet and then swap the numbers.

and also i need to think of a name for a fake os. Any ideas?
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
you mean.... STR$(6578)?
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
whats that :oops:
url=http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=79][Image: safer.gif][/url]
changes integers into strings...
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

*peace*

Meg.
Do a search on this forum for encryption... Agamemnus had an encryption challenge, so you should get some good ideas from that.

And get on with your FTP already!
Quote:I am making an encryption utility for my QBWrite clone and want to know how to change whole variables into there numbers in the alpahbet and then swap the numbers.

and also i need to think of a name for a fake os. Any ideas?
GDM: Your request is not clear. If the whole number is 123,
do you want: one, two, three
or do you want: one hundred twenty-three?

Then, what do you man by "swap the numbers"? Swap what with what?

A suggested name for a "fake os" is FOS. Or do you want a long verbose name instead of just the initials?

PS: There are no numbers in the alphabet. :wink:
Moneo, he wants a->1, b->2 etc, which you do with a = ASC("a") - 65. That's what he means by numbers Wink
he said variables.......

Quote:Moneo, he wants a->1, b->2 etc, which you do with a = ASC("a") - 65. That's what he means by numbers Wink
Oracle, It's a good thing you can read his mind. :wink: