Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How small does a file be to be able to compile?
Just curious. Easy quesiton, that's why it's in the newbie section :roll:

well, I have a 103KB file that I have downsized from 150KB (pretty good, right?) but it's still too big to compile, so I was wondering how big the smallest possible ... filesize... would be. Yeah.
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
I dunno, but I'm sure you could make it smaller...

Let's have a look.........
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
There is no minimum size of the source. What limits the ability to compile is the compiled size, it must be <64K.
Try to make any redundant code into SUBS or FUNCTIONS, make $DYNAMIC all arrays and move all DATA into an external file. If this is not enough, you will have to split your source into several modules.
Antoni
Antoni I am not too sure that the compiled file size must be <64k since I have a source file which is 129K and it compiles just fine.
Source File Size <> Compiled File Size !!!!!!
I have a 150kb compiled program......
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

If you have a compiled file of 150 Kb why do you say you can't compile?

EDITED:
OOps! Wrong person. Excuse me, Aga, I thought you were Nova. I was on the job and i had the avatars column masked,pretending I was in a serious site :rotfl:
Antoni
Quote:I have a 150kb compiled program......
I have a 240k compiled program...
I didn't say that.

A 160k or so compiled program of mine won't compile in qb45. I don't think it is the file size. I think it is some qb limit on some program element.. I don't know what though.

QB Limits:

CS = 64K
DS = 64K

I think 8)