Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Shrine of Excellence Compo 2004 expanded!
Three new genres have been added to the compo: "Space Invaders Revisited", 3D Track/Shooter, and by popular demand, The Mini RPG. More genres may be added, so stay tuned Smile

-nekrophidius :evil:
he Devil is the best friend the church ever had, for he has kept them in business for so long.
Oye Chico,
Yeah, yeah, but where's the challenge part?
¿Como estas, amigo?

The challenge is to create the best game possible, to raise the standards. It's healthy competition with few rules and restrictions, intended to allow a developer to create the absolute best game possible with virtually any resource they choose to use. It is easy to develop a subpar game in six month's time. Developing a full game of high quality in six months is difficult to do. Therein lies the challenge.

he Devil is the best friend the church ever had, for he has kept them in business for so long.
Quote: ... Developing a full game of high quality in six months is difficult to do. Therein lies the challenge.

Coño, nobody is going to work 6 months on a game to submit to your challenge. Don't you have a smaller challenge that we could work on in say a couple of hours?
{8=|||
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Quote:Coño, nobody is going to work 6 months on a game to submit to your challenge. Don't you have a smaller challenge that we could work on in say a couple of hours?
Actually a lot of people tend to join my long compos but I think it's for the prizes Tongue I might do some 48-hour mini-rpg compos down the road though. Generally, compos that run only for a few hours or so don't seem to generate anything of any value. Then again, sometimes they do. It's all individual and subjective. Plus, I don't personally sit online all day long, so I can't really run a compo that only takes a couple of hours. In addition, long compos allow a developer time to create a real masterpiece of an entry, and the competition tends to get pretty fierce, which is nice because that's what really brings out the best in a developer.

Ok, chico, I respect your point of view.
nek mi amor, why dont we try to set up a 48 hr one and i'll watch, i'm always online Wink

Also after January i may not be studying, and by then i will have better mastery of Qb and i can help you out with the shorter compos. (remember supply must meet demand dear Wink)
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
Quote:
Quote:Coño, nobody is going to work 6 months on a game to submit to your challenge. Don't you have a smaller challenge that we could work on in say a couple of hours?
Actually a lot of people tend to join my long compos but I think it's for the prizes Tongue I might do some 48-hour mini-rpg compos down the road though. Generally, compos that run only for a few hours or so don't seem to generate anything of any value. Then again, sometimes they do. It's all individual and subjective. Plus, I don't personally sit online all day long, so I can't really run a compo that only takes a couple of hours. In addition, long compos allow a developer time to create a real masterpiece of an entry, and the competition tends to get pretty fierce, which is nice because that's what really brings out the best in a developer.

Time zones wont allow a compo of couple of hours. And secondly, most people here are in college, school or have work so a 48hr period too would be too little =(.
For me personaly, it's extremly difficult to enter in this kind of compo though some categories are 6 months doable. I mean it depends. I took me 2 months to finish BBF but that was during the summer where I didn't do anything else. It would be great if an compo had a category in which my current project would fit.