Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YGmae (a vertical shooter) demo 1 released!
Motivationless Software is proud to present;
YGmae. A vertical shooter with anti-alised vector graphics, aplha-blended particle effects, a skeletal animiation system, and much more. This is a 1 level engine test demo sporting the 5 test enemys I made during the dovelopment of the game engine. You can get YGmae at http://lithium.zext.net in the YGmae project section. Please remeber to read the readme before playing. Thank you! Enjoy!

News submitted by: Lithium
Holy crap is that awesome. I should have read the readme though. It took me a while to figure out how to shoot Tongue
am an asshole. Get used to it.
Great work Lithium! The demo was great Smile
[Image: jocke.gif]
"Some men get the world, other men get ex hookers and a trip to Arizona."
*Jaw drops open* :o
TurboFX, we have competition!!! Wink
Hey Oracle why dont you release a demo of your game Wink? We will then come to know how much the competition is really =P
Tested it for few seconds on the college PC. Not really allowed to do that. Tsk...tsk. It looks very cool. The effects. And the overall design. It's something different. Will play it more at home.

Great job.
Still some points for Lithium:
- I know the game is vector-styled, but can you still make good-looking textures of it? The game looks like a wireframe model... So the advice is to fill it up a little
- Change the shooting keys from b,n,m to e.g. Control, Alt and Space. It's more userfriendlier then, I think Smile
- Remove the bugs in 16 bit color mode. Game crashes somewhere midway the level.
- Remove the bugs in 8 bit color mode. Game doesn't do any layer-refresh anymore, resulting in objects leaving a trail of itself behind.
- Remove the bugs in the end-of-level code. Game sometimes stops (vertical scrolling stops) far before the *real* end of the level.

TheBigBasicQ: We will release a demo sometime.

Oracle, TurboFX: now we have to work better and faster to REALLY win this competition!!

The rest: if you didn't know yet, I'm also participating in the Total Destruction Project. Wink
Lith good work, it's very original. I like the gfx, and the engine seems to be very powerfull.

To Neo, our project was supposed to be secret untill the demo launches.

Cause hyping ain't no good, especially when working on big projects.
xpect to see some great stuff from us...
Quote:Still some points for Lithium:
- I know the game is vector-styled, but can you still make good-looking textures of it? The game looks like a wireframe model... So the advice is to fill it up a little
- Change the shooting keys from b,n,m to e.g. Control, Alt and Space. It's more userfriendlier then, I think Smile

- Remove the bugs in 16 bit color mode. Game crashes somewhere midway the level.
- Remove the bugs in 8 bit color mode. Game doesn't do any layer-refresh anymore, resulting in objects leaving a trail of itself behind.
- Remove the bugs in the end-of-level code. Game sometimes stops (vertical scrolling stops) far before the *real* end of the level.

TheBigBasicQ: We will release a demo sometime.

Oracle, TurboFX: now we have to work better and faster to REALLY win this competition!!

The rest: if you didn't know yet, I'm also participating in the Total Destruction Project. Wink

Neo, the problems i highlighted in orange dont show up on my comp. And I agree with the ponts in blue.