Poll: what's your favorite sprite editor?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
pp256
100.00%
13 100.00%
acid works draw
0%
0 0%
apedraw
0%
0 0%
dreamsprite/sprite 2.0
0%
0 0%
qb draw
0%
0 0%
sprited
0%
0 0%
n!media
0%
0 0%
other... (specify)
0%
0 0%
Total 13 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Favorite Sprite editor
kinda stupid poll, but i was bored.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
Other: the sprite editor that came with the VERGE game engine was pretty good, but that was in C++.

Maybe that doesn't count... as far an QB sprite editors, PP256 is the best I've seen.
Actually, the two most popular programs for pixel art out there are MS Paint and Graphics Gale. Then you have stuff like Paint Shop Pro, and the occasional Photoshop user. Of those, I think PP256 is the only used of those by more than 4 people, and its hardly used outside the community.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
Sprite editors limit your creativity. You forgot the "NONE" option Wink
SCUMM (the band) on Myspace!
ComputerEmuzone Games Studio
underBASIC, homegrown musicians
[img]http://www.ojodepez-fanzine.net/almacen/yoghourtslover.png[/i
well, you gots to put in the computer somehow, nate Smile

I use ms_paint: simple, sweet, all yous need.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
PP256 mostly...and my own QuickPaint once in a while...
i tried using ms paint for sprites once, and i was frustrated by the 16 colour limitations.
Jumping Jahoolipers!
you dont have 16 color limitations. you can have 16 unique colors on your palette at a time, those can be any rgb value, and you can make 24-bit images with it.

besides, for any given sprite you dont even want more than 16 colors, for memory reasons.
Memory reasons? It doesn't save any memory unless you're storing your sprites as paletted (?) 4-bit images...and I don't know of any QB game or library that does that.

Paint sucks, plain and simple. Tongue
listen, you gots 256 colors... you go around throwing 32 colors here, and 64 colors there, you wont have much room for variety.

And that's beyond the point. paint puts pixels on paper. That's all *i* care about, and if you dont rely on silly filters it's all you need. any paint program does that but paint's already on your computer, free, and easy to lay down individual pixels.