Poll: Is this a good idea? (see below)
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
100.00%
7 100.00%
No
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
QBasic Daily Headlines
I saw a ticker script on the 'net and thought "Hey, this could be useful."

I modified it, and got another idea: to get the ticker string from a file, then other tickers could share the info.

*idea*

We could make a headline news ticker, where you could post info about your games.

Here's a test of that idea:

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/jckut10/ticker.html
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
Seems cool, but I get an error when I click 'Add' LoL
Smile oops, lol, error is gone now. the 'Add' button doesn't actually do anything yet; I need to figure out how to read and write from files first... which I'm being taught in the 'JS/CGI and Files' thread.
size=9]"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." -- Theodore Roosevelt[/size]
It's cool, but sometimes it looks like it's going too slow (even in fast mode). Can you add a "skip news item" button?
Done; I need to upload it on another computer, since the FTP on this one is acting weird... but someone else is on it. So it might take a while.