Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Books on QB :( :(
No QB Books at the Library or Borders. How can I master the language with no good reading reference.
Tutorials.
the mind is a beautiful thing, use it and make the world a more beautiful place.
I'm near LA, and here you can order books from other public libraries. (I think you can anywhere in the US) It can take a week or two, but you can arrange for them to call you when it arrives. There are plenty of qb books in the lapl (LA Public Library) system.

If you're local library's computer system or website doesn't let you, ask the librarian about it - he/she might be able to do it for you.

EDIT: You'll need a library card, but they're free.

My community college has some qbasic books (some are on sale for 25¢), your local college/high school might too.
Buy this:

BASICs for DOS

It'll cost you about $6 shipped. Best overall QB book I've seen. Very nice reference.

(Revolutionary Guide to QBasic is overrated. Skips around too much, too many errors, and spends too much time on EGA graphics.)
Personally i learned qb with the qb help system. But it was a slow process. All the other languages i learnt after that i learned through books. That usally took a week or so. I remember that there were a few books on qb. If you search amazon.com book department on quickbasic you'll find a few books. QuickBasic by example is supose to be a good one, another one that seems to get recomended is Quickbasic in Plain English/Version 4.5. Quickbasic: The Complete Reference could be good, "The complete reference" series is awesome on all other languages.
oship me and i will give you lots of guurrls and beeea
Never read a book on QB. ;*) though I would love to have had one. ;*)

The online Docs are as helpful as it comes. This forum also. ;*)
y smiley is 24 bit.
[Image: anya2.jpg]

Genso's Junkyard:
http://rel.betterwebber.com/
ask your library to order in some books.

qbasic for dummys

purely a beginners guide. good for learning qb, not for mastering it.

revolutionary guide to qb

nice. it gives a quick intro to qb, but it expects you to know how to use qb commands. it mostly teaches you techniques. but like plasma said, it skips around too much. it tries to cover as much material as it can, and as a result everything is covered too thin. and don't expect too much for screen 13. the qb books NEVER cover screen 13, just because it's a small resolution or it doesn't have pages. they always cover screen 12 for amount of pixels and screen 7 for pages. bah.
Jumping Jahoolipers!