Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Optimisation : from 65 hours down to 65 seconds!
I have invented a new way to explode all optimisation ratios :lol:

First, you make the slowest prog you can: I'm excellent at making slow progs, as you may have seen in the 4,5 days picture thread a few days ago...
[Image: Sponge4.jpg]

Second, you think about the posts of Antoni Gual, who is excellent at making fast progs. Spend half a night on it, instead of counting sheep while trying to sleep. Get the right idea, and prog this idea after a couple of days of maturation.

For those who wonder how someone can wait during a couple of days before testing this kind of ideas, just promise your wife or relatives you will not prog at home any longer :wink:

The result now: the pic who took 65 hours two weeks ago is made in 65 seconds with my new prog :rotfl: :bounce:

And you will have to wait until tonight, Paris time, before I get an FTP access. Instead of a poor 400x300, 4 ranks fractal picture, ou will see a 1024x768, 5 ranks picture !

I could have plotted a 6 rank picture, but there are two many holes in the cube and it's not very pretty...

Of course, you can optimise fast progs, but I'm a lazy dude, and I find it easier to optimise real slow ones :king:
hink Global, Make Symp' All ! ®
[Image: Banner.gif]
quite a speed boost! :rotfl:
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
Thats a 3600 ratio... I'm building images to explain the method, cause it's not that obvious to describe without graphics.
You did it in QB but C would have been more fun! :rotfl:

Congratulations!!

I can't wait to read about how you did it!
Antoni
I will write a quick html page about it and I hope it will be posted tomorrow: the guys who manage the WebFTP I use to go through the firewalls are upgarding their server, and Port 21 is blocked here Cry

I will post the main pic tonight anyway.

I tried to put some shadows, but its messy. As for reflections, I will try with a plain colour, it's horrible when you merge Perlin noise and reflections!

I have to admit I would like to see Paul Bourke's reaction when he sees these pics :wink:
[Image: Final2.jpg]

Generated with QB in 8 minutes and 40 seconds...
Are you joking ?

Not possible ! 4,5 day for a poor 400x300 image ^^ OoOps and now, 8 minutes 40 seconds for that ?

You're an awesome man :rotfl: !

Did you slow intentionnaly your first program ? ^^

Bon enfin bref, ca me les casse l'anglais alors bon : elle est excellente ton image Jark !

C'est paske t'as réussi à implémenter les trous (holes) que ca a été si rapide ?
reeBASIC, our future in here.
Pas de trous: une astuce, publiée demain !

In english: no holes, only the right trick !
I bet you could shave 6 minutes off of that! Smile
Peace cannot be obtained without war. Why? If there is already peace, it is unnecessary for war. If there is no peace, there is already war."

Visit www.neobasic.net to see rubbish in all its finest.
It is beautifull !
Congratulation Jark.
You are a good QBasic programmer ! :wink:
'm a French man who write in English. So Sorry :-)