Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sig rules
what are the sig rules for the forum in terms of size?
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
there's a universal "try and keep it under 5 lines" etiquette I believe.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
size as in pixel wise, not lines.
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
That sig totally rules [Image: icon_biggrin.gif] now I must go make one [Image: icon_lame.gif]
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
I dont have a whole lot of beef with it. Kinda distracting having a white bg overa grey/black page, but I dont think anyone cares.
i]"I know what you're thinking. Did he fire six shots or only five? Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being as this is a .44 Magnum ... you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya punk?"[/i] - Dirty Harry
I like my new sig... :evil:
Sig images: 3 max, 10K max pls.

And don't make it 300px high either, but your image is fine Smile
Quote:Sig images: 3 max, 10K max pls.

And don't make it 300px high either, but your image is fine Smile
10K? Sure...and 16 colors. Tongue
JPG Tongue all that matters is that I don't sit here for 20 seconds on a 56K downloading an image I've already seen while I'm downloading other stuff in another window.
If your browser's not on crackers, it won't have to download it but only once. It's not anyone else's fault except your own if you don't know how to set up your cache. Tongue

And JPEG sucks for images with a lot of color coherance. PNG works better for such images. For the most part, knowing how and when to use each image format produces far smaller files. Anyone who uses JPEG for a cartoon image is looking to get their ass kicked, and anyone who uses PNG for a photograph is facing the same fate. Big Grin