Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I got *PLENTY* of arcade flyers to share with you all!!! :D
Dearest **ALL** of the QB45/QB71 community,

Hello to you all again and *do* prepare for this one, please. Big Grin ! I haven’t got a lot of time left to write before my dinner tonight on this Tuesday evening EST, but I _WILL_ joyfully share with you all a VAST amount of original arcade flyers, including those special ones from Japan to inspire you all, *whether* you want to enter my compo or not. Please click here now, and buckle up for some REAL EXCITING memories in the video arcade lane!!! Wink

I thank you all so much again, and you entire community are GREAT!!!! Big Grin !!!

TO ALL OF YOU WITH ***INTENSIFIED*** ENCOURAGEMENT AND GREAT JOY,

[Image: AAPMini.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Webmaster of the AAP Official Homepage
Official Founder of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
[Image: icon_spammer.gif]
You were given your own forum for a reason.

Good flyers, though.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Admins: My apologies beforehand if I have made this post in the incorrect place, however, since this post is in the General Section, I believe it is only fair that any member of the community may respond to it, as opposed to posting this in the QB caliber forum.

Adigun: I have read all of your posts. Yes, I have read every single one of them. I have also read the replies to your posts and your competition in general. As a neutral person, (I am not in favor of anyone on this forum as I have yet to speak to any of them on a more personal level) I believe that amidst the complaints, critisism and perhaps insults, there are some kernals of truth I believe you should take into consideration in order to increase the participation of people in your competition. I believe your ideas are very interesting, and your categories are of challenge to QBers. However, I believe your implementation is faulty. For example, your posting style. I understand everyone has a different posting style. It is what makes them unique. However, there have been complaints about it. I believe what people are attempting to tell you is that, although "decoration" is fine, you should perhaps use it with more moderation in order to facilitate reading, and keep the reader focused on the content of your post, rather than have the reader be distracted by the numerous "decorations" and give up on reading.

As I have stated in another post, the Official Rules are restrictive, as well as offensive to those who do not share your same religious views. I am not saying you should hide or reject your religion, not at all. If you choose to speak about your religion, it should be done in such a way that is not derogatory to others. I understand you are trying to promote creativity and originality with your competition, but you should not do it in such a way that offends others, and makes them think you are intolerant and bigotted.

Another issue I have noticed (I do not know if anyone has felt the same, considering I did not see a post about it) is the fact that you have too many competitions running at the same time with too many "wildcard" categories. Do not misunderstand me. The categories themselves are good. However, you are offering the users an enormous amount of options. It may appear to be an intelligent idea at first, but it seems to be backfiring on you. The reason I state this is because you have revealed so many options, the user may feel intimidated, frustrated, or confused at the abundance of categories, and may then opt to join another competition which has more simplicity and better definition.

I do not post this to insult, "flame", or ridicule you. I do it with the sincere effort to help you in your competitions, since it would be a real pity for you to put such effort into your work and then have only a few entries. I am at the utmost disposition to lend you my writing expertise, my knowledge and any other help you desire.
Quuskia - digital princess
amen sista! Big Grin
igitalblackie.com - Done! Smile Ask about our hosting Wink

-Goddess of the of the No More Religion Threads movement Smile
How many times will I have to say this? Not everybody has a problem with Adigun's rules, religion and posting style. Although they can be seen as unorthodox they are not harmful, and I'm sick and tired of Adigun's threads being turned into battlegrounds! So, please can we have no complaining about Adigun's posting style in his threads please, and any issues you have with his style can you please PM him about.

Rhiannon, don't be too quick to jump on the bandwagon...

And I don't see anything wrong with Adigun posting every now and then to advertise his compos, just don't look at the thread if you ain't interested. His subjects are very descriptive, so you know what's coming.

Now, let's get back on topic, or keep our fingers of the keyboards, K?
Hey AAP, I found your site somewhat useful, as you had both QMIDI 4.1 and DMAPLAY5, both of which I need for a couple of my current projects. Not bad. Big Grin
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
Quote:Rhiannon, don't be too quick to jump on the bandwagon...

what's wrong with agreeing with someone? sheesh :roll: eQuuskia made some good points (points i already had made) and she's offering the guy some help,, what's wrong with that? :???:

Not in adigun's thread pls. PM me.
To Oracle:

You are **absolutely** correct, let me put it that way. Big Grin !! And I will never even bother to stoop down to the level of some of those people who are messing with me from within this thread of mine. AT ALL. Wink !

And to eQuuskia:

Hello to you and pleasure to meet you for the first time, wonderful lady!! Big Grin ! Now, let us cut to the chase, shall we?

About my official rules, let me inform you honestly fair and square that they are to build uncompromised and even positive originality, in games and projects for QuickBASIC. They have rather *nothing* to do with ANY religion or even Christianity at all. And that is all. ;*) !

Also, I am not gonna even worry about whether people come to my compo or not. EVER. Now, do not get me wrong on this one please, because it is such an encouragement for me and other people (even those within the QB45/QB71 community as well) to come to my compo, especially to start thinking different, as to — like I have just said — creating such PURE, UNTAMED, AND EVEN POSITIVE ORIGINALITY like never before in the history of QB programming. Come on now. Wink

And, I *am* leaving my writing style as is. I don’t mind you liking it or not, but if you don’t like it, then please find another post that doesn’t have that at all. I am being as absolutely honest as I can without giving any insults to you or any else whatsoever.

Thank you so much for your reply and for writing to me privately. Big Grin !

And to all, A RATHER SPLENDID THANKSGIVING TO YOU AND FAMILIES. Now, let’s stay in-topic and give thanks to God like never before (that’s what the **TRUE** meaning of Thanksgiving is about, right?)!!! Cool !!!

WISHING YOU ALL REALLY WELL THIS WEEK,

[Image: AAPMini.gif]
Adigun Azikiwe Polack
One of the Founders of “Aura Flow”
Webmaster of the AAP Official Homepage
Official Founder of the “QuickBASIC Caliber Programming Compo”
url=http://dhost.hopto.org/aapproj/][Image: file.php?id=194][/url]
Your *official* home of the FreeBasic GFX Demo Central, now holding over 150 FB graphics demos so far!!! Big Grin !
no actually Thanksgiving is an American holiday with a different meaning but i wont get into that with you Wink