Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
People joining and not posting
I was browsing through the memberlist and I realized that there was A LOT of people who joined but never posted anything. What would be the point? You don't have to join to look at the forums... I mean, the main reason that I joined in the first place was to ask a question about programming, which is the point of this forum. Anyway, just wondering if anyone knows WHY someone would do that?
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Maybe because they simply have nothing to say.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
yeah, but why would they go through the trouble of signing up if they have nothing to say?
ovaProgramming.

One night I had a dream where I was breaking balls. The next morning, BALLSBREAKER was born.

Quote: Excellent. Now you can have things without paying for them.

BALLSBREAKER 2
~-_-Status Report-_-~
Engine: 94%
Graphics: 95%
Sound: 100%
A Severe Error has crippled BB2 for the time being... I have to figure it out, but until then you won't see much of it Sad.
-----------------------------
Maybe to have the forum keep track of what's new since their last visit, to have their own preferences (color scheme, etc)... I dunno.

Or maybe when the message database gets too large, old messages get automatically deleted... in which case maybe some of those people actually have posted...
do they take up that much server space?
Not too much server space, but it does inflate the usercount a bit :lol:

And no, old messages don't get deleted on this board. But yes, they could register to change the default colour scheme.
i know why, cuz if they say something "stupid" then they'll get made fun of or something. i dont know, thats what happened to me... i think and ill probably get made fun of for this post too. i dont care i know im right.
Made fun of? Why?
f only life let you press CTRL-Z.
--------------------------------------
Freebasic is like QB, except it doesn't suck.
Sometimes n00Bz get made fun of coz they don't look things up very well before asking quesitons they could easily find with a little research. The thing is though that usually, only the arrogant pricks will make those insults. Occasionally, a n00B will have an honest, researched-and-still-cant-figure-it-out issue and usually then, no one will mouth off to them but there have been exceptions to that rule. Basically (pun intended)...the hardest part about learning QB isn't the language...it's the community surrounding the language.
I'd knock on wood, but my desk is particle board.
what i dont get is why they are tought LET REM and line numbers.